Human Resources Assistant
Business Services & FinanceFull TimeToronto, ON
Canadian National Exhibition Association - Toronto, Ontario
Contract Position: Full-Time; January, 2019 – December 31, 2019
The Canadian National Exhibition (CNE), or The EX as it is also known, is Canada’s largest community event and one of the top five agricultural fairs in North America. Taking place over the 18 days leading up to and including Labour Day Monday, the CNE offers a wide variety of interactive entertainment experiences. Attractions include concerts, celebrity chef demonstrations, an acrobatic and ice skating show, midway rides and games, a working farm, exhibits, food, shopping, and a three-day Air Show. Founded in 1879, the CNE is a cherished tradition for the people of Toronto and surrounding communities, and attracts approximately 1.5 million visitors annually.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Assistant will be primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the overall department.
· Assist with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties.
· Prepare all employee agreements/contracts including: pre-approval process, creation, tracking and filing of records.
· Assist with administering the HRIS (Collage).
· Lead the Onboarding/Off boarding for new and returning staff.
· Act as back up for Reception.
· Assist with the recruiting for Summer Staffing and Casino Staffing.
· Lead records management process for the Human Resources Department.
· Process HR related expense reports.
· Assist with human resources initiatives and ongoing projects.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Willingness to work in areas that may contain bright lights, loud noises and crowds of people
· Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including evenings, weekend and statutory holidays
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
· Enrollment in or completion of a post-secondary program relating to Human Resources would be considered an asset.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and work ethic.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Previous experience with an HRIS and/or recruitment is considered an asset
· Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
· Strong interpersonal skills and a pleasant demeanor
Invitation to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and covering letter outlining related experience and qualifications to the attention of the CNE, Human Resources Department no later than January 11 @ 4:00 p.m.
Please note only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. At the CNE we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
The CNE offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.