Business Development & InnovationFull TimeToronto, ON
Canadian National Exhibition Association - Toronto, Ontario
Contract Position: Full-Time; January, 2019 – December 31, 2019
The Canadian National Exhibition (CNE), or The EX as it is also known, is Canada’s largest community event and one of the top five agricultural fairs in North America. Taking place over the 18 days leading up to and including Labour Day Monday, the CNE offers a wide variety of interactive entertainment experiences. Attractions include concerts, celebrity chef demonstrations, an acrobatic and ice skating show, midway rides and games, a working farm, exhibits, food, shopping, and a three-day Air Show. Founded in 1879, the CNE is a cherished tradition for the people of Toronto and surrounding communities, and attracts approximately 1.5 million visitors annually.
Reporting to the Sponsorship Account Manager, the Sponsorship Assistant’s role within the sponsorship team will be to actively contribute to achieving the team's objectives by assisting the Sponsorship Account Manager and Account Executive with the administration and coordination of programmes, campaigns and logistics for a portfolio of clients.
This position is suited to an individual with a desire to learn more about sponsorship and marketing practices within the events industry. We are looking for candidates who possess strong customer-service skills, administrative experience, attention to detail, and a willingness to learn quickly and be part of a busy team.
· Providing account support to the Sponsorship Account Manager and Account Executive
· Research and prospecting support of potential partners for the CNE
· Contribute to partnership proposals by participating in team brainstorms and assist in writing partnership decks
· Coordinate and execute Sponsor benefits such as marketing approvals, on-site activation details etc.
· Regularly liaise with clients on day to day issues surrounding their sponsorship activity and ensuring contractual obligations are fulfilled
· Performing general administrative duties, such as answering phones, emails, meeting minutes, photocopying, preparing mailings, filing, coordinating courier pick-up/delivery and maintaining sponsor lists
· Coordinates event specific organization tools - production critical paths, contact lists, on-site deliveries etc.
· Coordinates day-to-day operation of all matters pertaining to sponsor relations and special events
· Maintains a detailed critical path for sponsor activations
· Assist team with proof of insurance, site safety acknowledgement forms and more
· Assist event support staff including setup crews, suppliers, trades, signage planning, etc.
· Provide assistance with site plan and floor plan auditing as it relates to Sponsors
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Willingness to work in areas that may contain bright lights, loud noises and crowds of people
· Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including evenings, weekend and statutory holidays
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
· Post-secondary education (focus in special events, marketing, communication, public relations) OR equivalent work experience would be preferred
· Extraordinary attention to detail
· Self-starter, ambitious in nature
· Strong project management and time management skills are essential
· Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite in particular PowerPoint and Excel)
· Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
· Strong interpersonal skills and a pleasant demeanor
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a polished manner
Invitation to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and covering letter outlining related experience and qualifications to the attention of the CNE, Human Resources Department no later than January 11 @ 4:00 p.m.
Please note only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. At the CNE we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
The CNE offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.