Gates & Admissions Support
Canadian National Exhibition Association - Toronto, Ontario
· July 9th – September 8th : regular work week based on thirty-five (35) hours per week or as required
The Canadian National Exhibition (CNE), or The EX as it is also known, is Canada’s largest community event and one of the top five agricultural fairs in North America. Taking place over the 18 days leading up to and including Labour Day Monday, the CNE offers a wide variety of interactive entertainment experiences. Attractions include concerts, celebrity chef demonstrations, an acrobatic and ice skating show, midway rides and games, a working farm, exhibits, food, shopping, and a three-day Air Show. Founded in 1879, the CNE is a cherished tradition for the people of Toronto and surrounding communities, and attracts approximately 1.5 million visitors annually.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Admissions, Safety/Security & Operations, the Gates & Admissions Support will be assisting with a wide variety of activities relating to the Gates & Admissions department leading up to and during the CNE period.
· Support all activities related to the gates and admissions layout.
· Support the implementation of the CNE transportation and parking plans.
· Provide support with respect to the CNE requirements around the site during move-in, and move-out for all events.
· Aid, with the assistance of 3rd party supplier, all activities related to parking.
· Offer direct support of deployment of emergency and traffic control services.
· Assist in the implementation of the security plan, liaising with 3rd party security providers and security consultants as directed.
· Assist in managing the expectations of 3rd party suppliers including online ticketing provider, merchant account provider and gate services provider to ensure proper delivery of services as directed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Excellent communication skills (both oral & written)
· Excellent Analytical Skills
· Comfortable communicating with a variety of stakeholders
· Highly Organized
· Great interpersonal skills
· Detail oriented
· Adaptable to change
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment
· Experience working at large scale events
· Driver’s license preferred
· Proven customer service skills
· Experience with operations/control procedures an asset
· Experience with Microsoft Office
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Flexibility to work occasional evenings and/or weekends is required, especially during peak period.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and covering letter outlining related experience and qualifications to the attention of the CNE, Human Resources Department no later than Friday, June 29th, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
Please note: Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Employment is conditional upon the successful completion of criminal background check. At the CNE we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
The CNE offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.