FinanceFull TimeToronto, ON
We’re Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC) and we unlock opportunity through meaningful connections. 10KC is the only all-in-one platform for inclusive mentoring, connectivity, and skills development that drives better employee engagement and retention. Organizations rely on 10KC to build, manage, scale, and measure all of their mentoring and networking experiences in one fully integrated platform.
200+ organizations use our platform to connect, develop and engage their employees. Our clients include Fortune 100s like the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), PwC, Adidas, General Electric (GE), Johnson & Johnson, post-secondary academic institutions across Canada, and diversity networks like Ascend and Black Professionals In Tech Network (BPTN). We have big plans to grow and are building a world-class team to help us achieve our ambitious goals!
Our Finance team is currently seeking a Financial Controller based remotely in Canada.
10KC is permanently remote and building a digital-first culture. We welcome applications from across Canada.
- Include a cover letter capturing:
- Your interest in this role/10KC
- How your prior experiences have prepared you for this role
- Please note that our system displays PDF resumes more clearly and preserves your formatting.
- Think you're a great fit for this role but don’t meet 100% of the criteria listed below? Apply anyways - we'd love to speak with you if you meet most of the requirements!
As a recently funded and rapidly growing SaaS scale-up, we are expanding our finance team and are in search of a Financial Controller. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Financial Controller will own the entire accounting cycle, from payroll processing to the preparation of financial statements. Beyond day-to-day accounting and financial reporting, the Controller will play a pivotal role in supporting our strategic finance initiatives, including FP&A, Revenue Operations, Board communications, and more.
We're looking for someone who is enthusiastic about applying industry best practices to build processes, reporting structure, and analysis, enabling us to scale our operations as efficiently as possible. You will collaborate with various department leaders, including Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success to build strategic analysis to enable our leaders to make data-driven decisions. This position offers an excellent opportunity for someone looking to accelerate their finance career, building a solid foundation in financial reporting while gaining exposure to many facets of the business. If you are excited to join a high performing team in a fast paced environment and are comfortable managing shifting priorities, please submit your cover letter and resume.
What you’ll do
- Manage all accounting operations of the company, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger accounting
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reports, encompassing income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements
- Own audit process and evaluate complex transactions in preparation for audit
- Manage sales tax compliance and support external accountants with preparation of the corporate tax return
- Prepare financial analyses for investor reporting, including sales team performance, marketing effectiveness, and budget-to-actual analysis
- Build and monitor live dashboards and visualizations to empower our team in making data-driven decisions
- Optimize our day-to-day operations and develop streamlined accounting processes
- Support FP&A efforts, including the annual forecast, scenario analysis, and rolling forecast
- Evaluate strategic options, such as go-to-market solutions, pricing strategies, competitive landscape, and market opportunities
What you'll bring
- Professionally designated accountant (CPA) in good standing
- 3-5 years of progressive experience at a top 10 accounting firm
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and ASPE accounting principles
- A thorough understanding of the SaaS business model, including SaaS metrics and unit economics (experience in B2B SaaS environment is preferred)
- Strong strategic thinking and a proactive approach to building from scratch
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, adept at managing shifting priorities in real-time and handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Advanced excel skills, including building and analyzing financial models
- Proficiency in data visualization tools is an asset (e.g., Google Data Studio, PowerBi, Mosaic, etc.)
- Familiarity with financial systems and tools, including ERP and financial reporting software (e.g., Xero, Salesforce, HubSpot, Mosaic etc.)
- Transaction advisory or M&A experience is an asset
The base salary range for this role is: $110,000 to $150,000
An individual's base pay depends on various factors, including geographical location and experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities as evaluated during the recruitment process.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion @ 10KC
We’re dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive community - one where employees feel a sense of belonging and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. We celebrate and support our differences. We welcome new team members who are BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and neurodiverse as a part of our team (and we’ll continue to hire more in 2023!). We strongly encourage everyone to apply. Whatever your background, race, creed, sex, gender, orientation, religion, people with living with disabilities, and foreign-born residents - you belong here!
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive total rewards, which may include stock options, bonuses, and commissions
- Wholesome health & dental benefits coverage
- Employee and family assistance program (support for mental health, family & relationship, child & eldercare, work & career, legal, financial, and more)
- Flexible, uncapped time off program
- Parental benefits program
- Employee connectivity program powered by our software
- Home office set up allowance
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Permanently remote in Canada (with options to work short-term abroad)
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle and needs