Senior Full Stack Developer
EngineeringFull TimeToronto, ON
We’re Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC), and we unlock opportunity through meaningful connections. 10KC is a talent experience platform for inclusive mentoring, connectivity and skills development that is designed for the new world of work.
200+ organizations use our all-in-one platform to connect, develop and engage their employees. Our clients include Fortune 1000s like the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), PwC, Adidas, General Electric (GE), TELUS, Johnson & Johnson, post-secondary academic institutions across Canada, and diversity networks like Ascend and Black Professionals In Tech Network (BPTN). We have big plans to grow and are building a world-class team to help us achieve our ambitious goals!
Our Engineering team is currently seeking a Senior Full Stack Developer.
- Please note that our system displays PDF resumes more clearly and preserves your formatting. Other formats will work, but PDF is preferred.
- Think you're a great fit for this role but don’t meet 100% of the criteria listed below? Apply anyways - we'd love to speak with you if you meet most of the requirements!
10KC is permanently remote and building a digital-first culture. We welcome applications from across Canada.
The Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC) Engineering team currently has 10+ team members, grows exponentially, and looks for a talented Senior Full Stack Engineer (MEAN) to build a SaaS product that users will love and positively impact their career development. As a Senior Full Stack developer, you will have full autonomy to build, test, maintain, and iterate on our frontend interface in Angular and Typescript framework & Backend services and infrastructure in NodeJS, and improve our DevOps. You will build with the team and offer valuable backend architectural insights to the engineering team.
What you’ll do
- Collaborating with the team to build frontend product features from start to finish: through conception, research, implementation, and maintenance.
- Building a high-quality front-end product that our customers love and innovating informal talent development.
- Being a part of an engineering culture of fast iteration and shipping.
- Helping scale our engineering team, whether that’s through writing docs, or improving our DevOps.
- Collaborating with other members of the Engineering Team via code reviews, stand-ups, and pair programming when necessary.
- Helping debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
What you’ll bring
- A Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of Software Engineering Full Stack Experience
- 3+ years of experience in Typescript
- 2+ years of experience in Angular (version 10+)
- 2+ years of experience in Node.js and/or Express.js
- 2+ years of experience in RESTful APIs
- 2+ years of experience in MongoDB
- 3+ years of experience in Unit/Integration testing (Jest)
- Preferred experience in GCP or relevant cloud experience (Azure or AWS Cloud)
- Preferred experience in Angular CLI, Webpack, Redux
- You believe that getting the product to the hands of users as fast as possible is the best way to learn about how to solve their problems. We value progress over perfection, and hope you share that passion.
- You deeply care about who we're building for and understand the impact of the product you're shipping.
- You have a proven track record of success in building production-level software.
- You are able to communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether you're explaining technical decisions in writing or in real-time. In disagreements, you are able to engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed.
The salary range for this role is: CA$120,000 to CA$170,000
An individual's base pay depends on various factors, including geographical location and experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities as evaluated during the recruitment process.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion @ 10KC
We’re dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive community - one where employees feel a sense of belonging and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. We celebrate and support our differences. We welcome new team members who are BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and neurodiverse as a part of our team (and we’ll continue to hire more in 2023!). We strongly encourage everyone to apply. Whatever your background, race, creed, sex, gender, orientation, religion, people with living with disabilities, and foreign-born residents - you belong here!
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive total rewards, which may include stock options, bonuses, and commissions
- Wholesome health & dental benefits coverage
- Employee and family assistance program (support for mental health, family & relationship, child & eldercare, work & career, legal, financial, and more)
- Flexible, uncapped time off program
- Parental benefits program
- Employee connectivity program powered by our software
- Home office set up allowance
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Permanently remote in Canada (with options to work short-term abroad)
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle and needs