Senior Manager of Business Development and Sales Enablement
SalesFull TimeCalgary, AB
We’re Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC) and we unlock opportunity through meaningful connections. 10KC is a talent experience platform for inclusive mentoring, connectivity and skills development designed for the new world of work.
200+ organizations use 10KC’s all-in-one platform to connect, develop and engage their employees. Our clients include Fortune 1000s like the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), PwC, Adidas, General Electric (GE), TELUS, Johnson & Johnson, post-secondary academic institutions across Canada, and diversity networks like Ascend and Black Professionals In Tech Network (BPTN). We have big plans to grow and are building a world-class team to help us achieve our ambitious goals!
Our Sales Team is currently seeking a Senior Manager of Business Development and Sales Enablement.
- Please note that our system displays PDF resumes more clearly and preserves your formatting. Other formats will work, but PDF is preferred.
- Think you're a great fit for this role but don’t meet 100% of the criteria listed below? Apply anyways - we'd love to speak with you if you meet most of the requirements!
10KC is permanently remote and building a digital-first culture. We welcome applications from across Canada.
As the Senior Manager of Business Development and Sales Enablement you will be responsible for leading our Business Development Team and empowering success across the sales organization from a systematic approach and use of sales tools and materials. This is a highly visible leadership position and you will report directly to the VP of Sales and collaborate cross-functionally with our Marketing, Customer Success, and Product teams. You will focus on driving near term results while scaling the people, processes, and systems for the future in 10KC’s rapidly growing environment.
You will be responsible for driving business development targets, as well as helping to design, implement, and scale our sales strategy. You will also be accountable for equipping the Sales Team with the right messaging, insights, and tools to increase deal conversion, improve buyer engagements, and accelerate organizational alignment and sales pipeline speed.
Overall, you will serve as a sales enablement leader and serve a key role in overseeing all the components of supporting the sales team, directing sales-related initiatives such as training, knowledge sharing of best practices, content, tools and technology.
Please note that the role will include minimal travel (depending on your location) of approximately 20%.
What you’ll do
- Recruit, hire, develop and lead a team of high-performing Business Development Representatives to drive rapid growth within our organization.
- Lead our Business Development team responsible for generating high-quality pipeline that converts to closed/won revenue for the portfolio of products within Ten Thousand Coffees. This team will also be groomed and developed as future top-talent to fulfill growth and advancement across our broader sales organization.
- Data driven leadership. Measure and monitor daily and weekly Business Development KPIs supporting our sales growth.
- Collaboration with Demand Generation. Partner with Marketing to maintain alignment of Demand Generation deliverables and Sales goals and align with Customer Success to ensure post-sale customer implementation and success.
- Sales Enablement Leadership. Develop, implement and manage key sales readiness programs and initiatives to improve opportunity management, drive pipeline, improve forecast accuracy and productivity including BANT sales methodology, consisting of training and reinforcement.
- Data and performance. Analyze the current state of 10KC’s sales productivity, establish metrics and objectives for improved efficiencies and report on enablement investment.
- Sales Onboarding. Design the training and support needed for new sales employee onboarding to ensure all of our newest quota carrying the Sales team are set up for success and minimize ramp time.
- Collaboration with Revenue Operations. Partner with Rev Ops to optimize our use of Salesforce, Outreach, ZOOMinfo, Chorus and other sales tools, and ensure consistent, repeatable ways of working with these tools across the entire sales team.
- People Operations. Partner with the VP of Sales and People Team in the hiring, retaining, assessing, and developing of a high-potential talent pool, fostering a culture of collaboration, over-achievement, and continuous learning, while aligning with set KPIs.
- Data Analysis. Leverage data, customer/user feedback, and direct observation to inform decision making and maximize impact.
- Cross functional collaboration with Customer Success, Product, and Marketing to take ownership and proactively drive cross-functional initiatives that impact sales productivity while fostering an environment of innovation and continuous improvement.
What you’ll bring
- Several years of related experience in a B2B SaaS environment within the HR tech space. Your experience will likely have been either leading and developing Business Development teams or having led the Sales Enablement practice.
- 2+ years of people management experience and a proven track record of your ability to collaborate and manage resources across multiple teams. Proven success in effectively supporting the management of the sales pipeline and quota attainment and/or business development key performance indicators is an asset.
- A high proficiency in using the following Sales Tools: Salesforce, Outreach, Gong/Chorus, ZOOMinfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
- Independent initiator with a sound ability to receive feedback and incorporate input from diverse perspectives when building out new processes and take ownership of responsibilities assigned.
- A customer centric mindset and the ability to translate customer concerns into business solutions while continuously articulating 10KC’s vision and values.
10KC provides a competitive salary commensurate with experience. The salary range for this role is: $115,000-$130,000 (+ variable commissions + equity)
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion @ 10KC
We’re dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive community - one where employees feel a sense of belonging and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. We celebrate and support our differences. We welcome new team members who are BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and neurodiverse as a part of our team (and we’ll continue to hire more in 2023!). We strongly encourage everyone to apply. Whatever your background, race, creed, sex, gender, orientation, religion, people with living with disabilities, and foreign-born residents - you belong here!
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive health & dental benefits
- Employee assistance program (support for mental health, family & relationship, child & eldercare, work & career, legal, financial, and more)
- Flexible time off (vacation days, flex days, health days, winter holiday closure, Summer Fridays)
- Home office set up allowances
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Parental benefits program
- Permanently remote in Canada (options to work short-term abroad)
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle and needs