User Support Specialist
ProductFull TimeToronto, ON
We’re Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC) and we believe that it’s connections with colleagues, mentors, and leaders where learning and development happen. We’re building the world’s first talent experience platform to unlock opportunity through meaningful connections. We offer inclusive mentoring, connectivity and skills development solutions.
We’ve built award winning partnerships in enterprise, academic, and industry organizations. Our clients include Fortune 1000s like the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), PwC, Adidas, General Electric, TELUS, Johnson & Johnson, post-secondary academic institutions across Canada, and diversity networks like Ascend and Black Professionals In Tech Network (BPTN). We have big plans to grow and are building a world-class team to help us meet (and exceed!) our ambitious goals.
Our User Support Operation team is currently seeking a User Support Specialist Application Tips
- Please note that our system displays PDF resumes more clearly and preserves your formatting. Other formats will work, but PDF is preferred.
- Think you're a great fit for this role but don’t meet 100% of the criteria listed below? Apply anyways - we'd love to speak with you if you meet most of the requirements!
10KC is permanently remote and building a digital-first culture. We welcome applications from across Canada.
The Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC) User Support Operation Team is growing swiftly and looking for a talented User Support Specialist whose primary responsibility is the well-being of our users.
As the User Support Specialist, you'll get to own a great deal of how users are supported using our product — including chatting with users over Intercom (and sometimes email), owning our help documentation and tutorials, and defining our user support practices are.
You'll help with product issues and collect feedback, support new users learning how to use the platform, and help support our internal team with issues as they arise.
We look someone to bring the best of what they know to a user support role.
You'll need to be organized, an excellent communicator (in writing and in-person), and demonstrate great empathy for our users. Our users are growing. So is our User Support Operation Team.
What you’ll do
- Having fun by providing end-user support all day long via Intercom, email, and phone
- Being a detective to inspect product issues, resolve triages, sort prioritizations, doing reproductions, and provide status communication
- Helping to provide Internal Documentation support
- Prioritizing and advocating for high-impact product improvements
- Contributing to authority and autonomy
What you’ll bring
- 2+ years of experience in Enterprise Software, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, CaaS, and/or End-user support
- 2+ years of experience in direct product support
- 2+ years of experience in documenting problem solutions
- Commimtent to serve end-users in the Eastern Toronto Timezone between 9am - 5pm EST
- Preferred experience in excellent written and oral communications (We could hear your imaginary voice while reading your Slacks or emails)
- Preferred experience in great empathy for our users and our co-workers (You are able to sense how everyone’s day going in the virtual meeting room)
- Preferred experience in triaging technical issues (You have a great instinct for how this technology will work)
10KC provides a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
The salary range for this role is: $45,000k - $60,000k + Performance Bonus
More About 10KC
At 10KC, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive community; one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. We celebrate and support our differences. In 2021 we welcomed new team members who are BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and neurodiverse as a part of our team (and we’ll continue to hire more in 2022!). Our mission is to democratize opportunity through the power of human connection. 10KC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage everyone to apply. Whatever your background, race, creed, sex, gender, orientation, religion, people with living with disabilities, and foreign-born residents, to apply - you belong here!
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive health & dental benefits
- Employee assistance program (support for mental health, family & relationship, child & eldercare, work & career, legal, financial, and more)
- Flexible time off (vacation days, flex days, health days, winter holiday closure, Summer Fridays)
- Home office set up allowance
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Parental benefits program
- Permanently remote in Canada (options to work short-term abroad)
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle and needs