User Support Specialist
ProductFull TimeToronto, ON
We’re Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC) and we unlock opportunity through meaningful connections. 10KC is a talent experience platform for inclusive mentoring, connectivity and skills development designed for the new world of work.
200+ organizations use our all-in-one platform to connect, develop and engage their employees. Our clients include Fortune 1000s like the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), PwC, Adidas, General Electric (GE), TELUS, Johnson & Johnson, post-secondary academic institutions across Canada, and diversity networks like Ascend and Black Professionals In Tech Network (BPTN). We plan to grow and build a world-class team to help us achieve our ambitious goals!
Our User Support Operation Team is currently seeking a User Support Specialist.
- Please note that our system displays PDF resumes more clearly and preserves your formatting. Other formats will work, but PDF is preferred.
- Think you're an excellent fit for this role but don’t meet 100% of the criteria listed below? Apply anyways - we'd love to speak with you if you meet most of the requirements!
10KC is permanently remote and building a digital-first culture. We welcome applications from across Canada.
The primary responsibility of the User Support Specialist is the well-being of our users.
The Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC) Support Operations team is expanding and seeking a highly motivated User Support Specialist (USS) who shares our passion for delivering exceptional customer service to our users when problems arise.
As a User Support Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting all users experiencing technical challenges using our platform. This includes communicating with users through CRM software (Intercom), resolving tickets within our agile project management tool, contributing to the development of our support documentation and tutorials, and defining the best user support practices for our company.
We are looking for someone who is a quick learner, detail-oriented, and has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. If you are someone who is excited about technology and enjoys helping others, we encourage you to apply today.
To excel in this position, we are looking for someone who takes a hands-on approach to deliver a world-class end-user support experience. We need you to be the first person our users think of to turn to when things go wrong. Being organized, an excellent communicator, and able to demonstrate great empathy for our users are all qualities we seek. Our user base is growing, and so is our User Support Operation Team! 🚀
What you’ll do
- Providing end-user support via Intercom, email, or 1:1 support via video conferencing software, as well as solving internal support questions.
- Investigating and triaging product issues, reproducing issues, and providing status communication
- Assisting with internal & external support documentation
- Prioritizing and advocating for high-impact product improvements
- Contributing with authority and autonomy
What you’ll bring
- 2+ years of experience in end-user support for enterprise software or cloud computing environments, including SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and/or CaaS.
- 2+ years of direct product support experience, meaning you have worked with engineers to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- 2+ years of experience documenting solutions, such as in Help Center articles or internal support documentation.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, to communicate clearly and effectively with team members and users.
- A great sense of empathy for our users and cross-functional team members, able to sense how everyone's day is going in virtual meeting rooms.
- Proficiency in Google Sheets, Jira, or GitHub (or similar agile project management systems) is required.
- Committed to serving end-users in the Eastern Toronto Timezone, from 9 am - 5 pm EST.
10KC provides a competitive salary commensurate with experience. The salary range for this role is: $45,000k - $60,000k + Performance Bonus.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion @ 10KC
We’re dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive community - one where employees feel a sense of belonging and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. We celebrate and support our differences. We welcome new team members who are BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and neurodiverse as a part of our team (and we’ll continue to hire more in 2023!). We strongly encourage everyone to apply. Whatever your background, race, creed, sex, gender, orientation, religion, people living with disabilities, and foreign-born residents - you belong here!
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive total rewards, which may include stock options, bonuses, and commissions
- Wholesome health & dental benefits coverage
- Employee and family assistance program (support for mental health, family & relationship, child & eldercare, work & career, legal, financial, and more)
- Flexible, uncapped time off program
- Parental benefits program
- Employee connectivity program powered by our software
- Home office set up allowance
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Permanently remote in Canada (with options to work short-term abroad)
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle and needs