Director of Product Marketing
Marketing Full TimeToronto, ON
We’re Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC) and we believe that it’s connections with colleagues, mentors, and leaders where learning and development happen. We’re building the world’s first talent experience platform to unlock opportunity through meaningful connections. We offer inclusive mentoring, connectivity and skills development solutions.
We’ve built award winning partnerships in enterprise, academic, and industry organizations. Our clients include Fortune 1000s like the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), PWC, Adidas, General Electric, Telus, Johnson & Johnson, post-secondary academic institutions across Canada, and diversity networks like Ascend and Black Professionals In Tech Network (BPTN). We have big plans to grow and are building a world-class team to help us meet (and exceed!) our ambitious goals.
- Please submit your resume in PDF form — our system displays PDF resumes more clearly and preserves your formatting. Cover letters are not necessary.
- Think you're a great fit for this role but don’t meet 100% of the criteria listed below? Apply anyways - we'd love to speak with you if you meet most of the requirements!
10KC is permanently remote and building a digital-first culture. We welcome applications from across Canada and the US.
Our Marketing team is seeking a Director, Product Marketing to build and lead our Product Marketing organization. This role will work closely with the Product, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams and collaborate cross-functionally with every function in the organization to execute product marketing strategies to help achieve 10KC’s business goals.
What you’ll do
- Build our Product Marketing organization from the ground up. This is an opportunity to build & lead an early stage Product Marketing organization, with 1 direct report. Working closely with the Marketing, Product, Sales, and Customer Success team, you’ll be accountable to define & mobilize our Product Marketing strategy, including defining Objectives & Key Results for the team.
- Enable every customer to get the best of 10KC’s product. You’ll define GTM strategy for our core product and new releases, and will establish communication channels for key product messages. This could include a Customer Advisory Board, product launch webinars, building up our product enablement help centre, building a community for 10KC buyers & customers on our own platform, and more.
- Position 10KC as the leading talent experience platform. You’ll take ownership for our positioning strategy, deeply understanding our market and our customers through competitive analysis and customer interviews, building systems for customer feedback and journey mapping.
- Make our colleagues and customers experts at 10KC positioning. You'll own the company enablement strategy for making everyone a 10KC expert — from company positioning to competitive intel down to features.
- Drive adoption & engagement with our user groups. You’ll shape how we reach all key 10KC user groups: buyers, program admins and end users.
What you’ll bring
- Several years of Product Marketing experience in a B2B SaaS environment (within the HR tech space is a bonus)
- At least 3 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g., delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research, etc.)
- Leadership experience in an early stage Product Marketing organization, with accountability for Product Marketing’s success
- Exceptional communication (including verbal, written and formal presentation skills) and the ability to effectively articulate concepts and insights across audiences varying from C-level executives, customer champions, prospects, as well as internally to the 10KC team
- Strong customer development & customer marketing skills
- Executional excellence in bringing products and features to market with a bias for business impact
- Engaging enablement and stakeholdering strategy
- Proven bias for data-driven decision making
- Customer-centric orientation and a passion for understanding and solving customer needs
More About 10KC
At 10KC, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive community; one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. We celebrate and support our differences. In 2021 we welcomed new team members who are BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and neurodiverse as a part of our team (and we’ll continue to hire more in 2022!). Our mission is to democratize opportunity through the power of human connection. 10KC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage everyone to apply. Whatever your background, race, creed, sex, gender, orientation, religion, people with living with disabilities, and foreign-born residents, to apply - you belong here!
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive health & dental benefits
- Employee assistance program (support for mental health, family & relationship, child & eldercare, work & career, legal, financial, virtual care and more)
- Flexible time off (vacation days, flex days, health days, winter holiday closure, Summer Fridays)
- Home office set up allowance
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Parental benefits program
- Permanently remote in Canada and the US (options to work short-term abroad)
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle and needs