Senior Full Stack Developer
EngineeringFull TimeVancouver, BC
We’re Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC) and we believe that it's the informal moments with colleagues, mentors, and leaders where people learn and grow the most. Mentoring, networking, and informal talent development is where 85% of careers are found and 90% of learning happens, yet is largely left to serendipity and chance (which can then lead to biases and nepotism). Building relationships leads to career development, new opportunities, breakthrough ideas and cultures where we feel like we belong.
We’re building the world’s best technology to deliver the best mentoring, networking and informal development experiences. 10KC offers innovative solutions to help clients evolve and adapt their current programs to address the challenges of the modern-day workplace.
We’ve built award-winning partnerships to strengthen connectivity and talent development in enterprise, academic, and industry organizations. Our clients include Fortune 1000s like the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), PWC, Adidas, General Electric, Telus, Johnson & Johnson, post-secondary academic institutions across Canada, and diversity networks like Ascend and Black Professionals In Tech Network (BPTN). We have big plans to grow and are building a world-class team to help us meet (and exceed!) our ambitious goals.
10KC is permanently remote and building a digital-first culture. We welcome applications from across Canada.
Our Engineering team is growing and we are seeking a Senior Full Stack Developer (MEAN) who can contribute to building a product that our users will love and create meaningful impact within their career development. You'll build, test, and maintain our web application and infrastructure written in Angular and NodeJS.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the team to build product features from start to finish: through conception, research, implementation, and maintenance.
- Build a high-quality product that our customers love and innovate informal talent development.
- Be a part of an engineering culture of fast iteration and shipping.
- Help scale our engineering team whether that’s through writing docs, or improving our DevOps.
- Collaborate with other members of the Engineering Team via code reviews, stand-ups, and pair programming when necessary.
- Help debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
What You’ll Bring:
- A Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering (or equivalent)
- 4+ years of experience in Angular and/or Typescript
- 2+ years of experience in Node.js and/or Express.js
- 2+ years of epxiernece in RESTful APIs
- 2+ years of experience in MongoDB or other NoSQL
- 3+ years of experience in Unit/Integration testing (Jest),
- 2+ years of experience in GCP or relevant cloud experience (Azure or AWS Cloud)
- Preferred experience in Enterprise Integrations (SAML, ADFS, OIDC, Okta, AzureAD, etc.)
- Preferred experience in BigQuery - Big Data Experience
- Preferred experience in Angular CLI, Webpack, Redux
- Preferred experience in Design Systems (e.g. Material Design, Ant Design)
You'll Thrive In This Role If:
- You are interested in how Modern Web Technologies evolve like Angular, Typescript, RxJS, NodeJS, etc.
- You have a proven track record of success in building production-level software. You are able to build a UI with minimal design guidance by following existing UI patterns and components.
- You have the ability to deliver products to the hands of users as fast as possible is the best way to learn how to solve their problems.
- You have a deep understanding of the importance of shipping with speed and quality in a world of limited time and resources and that done is better than perfect.
- You have a deep passion for who we're building for and understanding the impact of the product you're shipping.
Expected salary ranges: $80,000 - $150,000 + performance bonus + equity
Benefits & Perks
- 100% Remote working setting
- Health Benefits include prescription drugs, hospitalization expenses, dental accidents, travel insurance, referral treatment, paramedical services
- $1,500 Dental Benefits per insured person each year
- $300 Eyeglasses and lenses per insured person once in 24 months period
- 10 Vacation Days, 10 Flex Days, & 5 Health Days (25 Potential Off Days)
- 1 Christmas week off - 24th Dec - 1st Jan (8 Off Days)
- ½ Days on Summer Fridays - 21st June - 22 Sep (15 Friday weeks * 0.5 Off Days = 7.5 Off Days)
- New Mac Laptop and equipment
- Up to $1200 CND Home Office set up allowance
- $60 CND Phone & Internet monthly subsidy
- $15 CND Fitness subsidy
- Stress Management, well-being, and unlimited Mental health support
- Employee Assistance Program
- Parental Leave Policy
More About 10KC
At 10KC, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive community; one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. We celebrate and support our differences. In 2021 we welcomed new team members who are BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and neurodiverse as a part of our team (and we’ll continue to hire more in 2022!). Our mission is to democratize opportunity through the power of human connection. 10KC is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We strongly encourage everyone to apply. Whatever your background, race, creed, sex, gender, orientation, religion, people with living with disabilities, and foreign-born residents, to apply - you belong here!
- Sound like you? Keen to learn more? We’d love to hear from you. Please apply directly on this website or reach out to Max Soong (firstname.lastname@example.org) on LinkedIn for more information
- Please note that our system displays PDF resumes more clearly and preserves your formatting. Other formats will work, but PDF is preferred.
- Think you're a great fit for this role but don’t meet 100% of the criteria listed below? Apply anyways - we'd love to speak with you if you meet most of the requirements!