SalesFull TimeVancouver, BC
We’re Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC) and we believe that it's the informal moments with colleagues, mentors, and leaders where people learn and grow the most. Mentoring, networking, and informal talent development is where 85% of careers are found and 90% of learning happens, yet is largely left to serendipity and chance (which can then lead to biases and nepotism). Building relationships leads to career development, new opportunities, breakthrough ideas and cultures where we feel like we belong.
We’re building the world’s best technology to deliver the best mentoring, networking and informal development experiences. 10KC offers innovative solutions to help clients evolve and adapt their current programs to address the challenges of the modern day workplace.
We’ve built award winning partnerships to strengthen connectivity and talent development in enterprise, academic, and industry organizations. Our clients include Fortune 1000s like the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), PWC, Adidas, General Electric, Telus, Johnson & Johnson, post-secondary academic institutions across Canada, and diversity networks like Ascend and Black Professionals In Tech Network (BPTN). We have big plans to grow and are building a world-class team to help us meet (and exceed!) our ambitious goals.
- Please note that our system displays PDF resumes more clearly and preserves your formatting. Other formats will work, but PDF is preferred.
- Think you're a great fit for this role but don’t meet 100% of the criteria listed below? Apply anyways - we'd love to speak with you if you meet most of the requirements!
10KC is permanently remote and building a digital-first culture. We welcome applications from across Canada.
Our Sales Team is seeking an Account Manager who is passionate about partnering with customers to drive growth.
As an Account Manager, you will report to the Director, Account Management and build positive relationships with executive level decision makers across a portfolio of customers to drive growth and expansion opportunities forward. You'll have a direct impact on growing 10KC by establishing new relationships, uncovering new opportunities, rapidly expanding accounts, and positioning our products to successfully drive business results for your customers. You’ll partner closely with the customer success team to achieve these goals.
What you’ll do
- Grow revenue within existing accounts by identifying new sales opportunities and successfully seeing them through an executed contract. New opportunities can come from growing existing programs or identifying new areas of opportunity at a customer with existing or net-new stakeholders.
- Undertake activities to develop pipeline including seeking referrals, recruiting for webinars, attracting prospects to business reviews, and cold outreach.
- Leverage platform data and understanding of our product to identify strategic growth opportunities to help clients understand and grow their business.
- Conduct well-informed and consultative meetings with senior level executives in the talent development, learning & development, and DE&I space to demonstrate the business value of our product that clearly articulates our innovative products
- Critical to the role is partnering and frequently collaborating with our Customer Success Team to maximize client use, value, and satisfaction of our platform, which will drive user outcomes and impact.
- Collaborate with the Customer Success Team in achieving renewals
What you’ll bring
- Demonstrated track record of successfully growing existing business or bringing in new business in high tech/SaaS space
- Consistent and proven delivery of attaining quota targets and expert pipeline management
- Passionate about forecast accuracy and dedicated follow up skills to maintain deal momentum and internal visibility
- Experience in the Talent Development space, including employee engagement, DEI, enterprise collaboration, or human capital is a plus
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills. Highly articulate via phone, email and in person is a differentiator, along with a positive engaged approach to working collaboratively with internal colleagues and external partners
- Passionate about participating in the evolution of the work environment where growth is non-stop
Expected salary range: $75,000-$100,000 (+ commissions, + equity)
More About 10KC
At 10KC, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive community; one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. We celebrate and support our differences. In 2021 we welcomed new team members who are BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and neurodiverse as a part of our team (and we’ll continue to hire more in 2022!). Our mission is to democratize opportunity through the power of human connection. 10KC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage everyone to apply. Whatever your background, race, creed, sex, gender, orientation, religion, people with living with disabilities, and foreign-born residents, to apply - you belong here!
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive health & dental benefits
- Employee assistance program (support for mental health, family & relationship, child & eldercare, work & career, legal, financial, and more)
- Flexible time off (vacation days, flex days, health days, winter holiday closure, Summer Fridays)
- Home office set up allowance
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Parental benefits program
- Permanently remote in Canada (options to work short-term abroad)
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle and needs