Director of Demand Generation
Marketing Full TimeVancouver, BC
We’re Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC) and we believe that it's the informal moments with colleagues, mentors, and leaders where people learn and grow the most. Mentoring, networking, and informal talent development is where 85% of careers are found and 90% of learning happens, yet is largely left to serendipity and chance (which can then lead to biases and nepotism). Building relationships leads to career development, new opportunities, breakthrough ideas and cultures where we feel like we belong.
We’re building the world’s best technology to deliver the best mentoring, networking and informal development experiences. 10KC offers innovative solutions to help clients evolve and adapt their current programs to address the challenges of the modern day workplace.
We’ve built award winning partnerships to strengthen connectivity and talent development in enterprise, academic, and industry organizations. Our clients include Fortune 1000s like the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), PWC, Adidas, General Electric, Telus, Johnson & Johnson, post-secondary academic institutions across Canada, and diversity networks like Ascend and Black Professionals In Tech Network (BPTN). We have big plans to grow and are building a world-class team to help us meet (and exceed!) our ambitious goals.
- Please note that our system displays PDF resumes more clearly and preserves your formatting. Other formats will work, but PDF is preferred.
- Think you're a great fit for this role but don’t meet 100% of the criteria listed below? Apply anyways - we'd love to speak with you if you meet most of the requirements!
Our Marketing Team is looking for a Director of Demand Generation who is passionate about growth and account-based marketing, and who wants to continue to drive us forward in the growing of informal learning, mentorship, and talent development space.
In this role, you'll work with the Director of Marketing, Sr. Product Marketing Manager, and the Digital Marketing Manager to create and execute a scalable demand generation strategy that leads to predictable revenue. You will have a data-driven and strategic mindset and be willing to dive head-first into what needs to be done to move the dial and establish the demand generation function at 10KC to attract our target audience of HR, DEI, talent and business leaders.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and execute integrated demand generation campaigns from conception through to creative development, deployment, measurement, and optimization.
- Manage the demand generation funnel to generate new B2B revenue and increase pipeline velocity through integrated multi-channel campaigns across email, content, landing pages/web, social, paid media, search, events and directories.
- Work closely with the Sales team on alignment, inbound lead management, scoring and assignment, and team performance to ensure program execution is achieving desired results.
- Position and deploy engaging content, communications, and sales collateral to drive demand and interest across the entire buyer’s journey from lead to revenue.
- Effective tracking and reporting to demonstrate how your campaigns convert into customers and revenue. You’ll work within our CRM and automation platforms (Salesforce and Hubspot preferred); and within Google Analytics, Adwords, LinkedIn Campaign Manager and others to retrieve data.
- Collaborate with the Sales Team to build out the next evolution of account-based marketing (ABM) campaigns for strategic accounts.
- Be a steward of the brand, ensuring all marketing communications and activities align to brand position, voice and standards.
- Support annual and quarterly marketing campaign strategy and planning.
What You’ll Bring:
- A strong background in enterprise B2B Demand Generation with approx. 7-10 years of experience with previous success in leading an integrated, multi-channel marketing strategy.
- Experience in other areas of Marketing (specific to skills such as analytics, reporting, SEO, SEM and digital advertising; bonus for experience in Content Marketing).
- The ability to partner with Product, Sales/BDR, Marketing and Customer Success Teams and stakeholders to support and deliver on 10KC's go-to-market strategy.
- A background in both strategy and execution, and will be constantly scanning the market for opportunities to drive value.
- Gold standard project management skills. Strategy and planning is important, but execution is everything, along with the ability to move quickly and manage multiple priorities.
- A proven track record of continuous learning and process improvement. You have an ability to share and reapply best practices to drive high impact strategies and tactics for growth.
- Experience in a high growth startup to scale-up environment. Ideally, you’ve previously worked at a company with less than 50 employees or one that has experienced significant growth. Being familiar and comfortable in the environment of a tech startup means you embrace fast-paced change but always seek ways to enhance the experience and make things better.
- Solutions-oriented self starter, you're open to adjusting tactics and executing in a rapidly changing work environment with complete independence.
- Preference for candidates with direct experience in Enterprise or Mid-Market software, ideally selling to a senior buyer in Human Resources.
- Team mentality and ability to pivot. You’ll own your own projects end to end, but will be available to support when we’re faced with high priority projects that are going to make a big business impact.
- Previous experience working closely with sales teams and a strong understanding of the technology sales cycle and strategies to nurture leads and create demand.
- Account-based marketing experience is not required but is an asset.
Expected salary range: $110,000-$160,000 (+ performance bonus + equity)
More About 10KC:
At 10KC, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. We celebrate and support our differences. In 2021 we welcomed new team members who are BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and neurodiverse as a part of our team (and we’ll continue to hire more in 2022!). Our mission is to democratize opportunity through the power of human connection. 10KC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage everyone to apply. Whatever your background, race, creed, sex, gender, orientation, religion, people with living with disabilities, and foreign-born residents, to apply - you belong here!
Benefits and Perks:
- Comprehensive health & dental benefits
- Employee assistance program (support for mental health, family & relationship, child & eldercare, work & career, legal, financial, and more)
- Flexible time off (vacation days, flex days, health days, winter holiday closure, Summer Fridays)
- Home office set up allowance
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Parental benefits program
- Permanently remote in Canada (options to work short-term abroad)
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle and needs