Learning & Development SolutionsFull TimeVancouver, BC
We’re Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC) and we believe that it's the informal moments with colleagues, mentors, and leaders where people learn and grow the most. Mentoring, networking, and informal talent development is where 85% of careers are found and 90% of learning happens, yet is largely left to serendipity and chance (which can then lead to biases and nepotism). Building relationships leads to career development, new opportunities, breakthrough ideas and cultures where we feel like we belong.
We’re building the world’s best technology to deliver the best mentoring, networking and informal development experiences. 10KC offers innovative solutions to help clients evolve and adapt their current programs to address the challenges of the modern day workplace.
We’ve built award winning partnerships to strengthen connectivity and talent development in enterprise, academic, and industry organizations. Our clients include Fortune 1000s like the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), PWC, Adidas, General Electric, Telus, Johnson & Johnson, post-secondary academic institutions across Canada, and diversity networks like Ascend and Black Professionals In Tech Network (BPTN). We have big plans to grow and are building a world-class team to help us meet (and exceed!) our ambitious goals.
- Please note that our system displays PDF resumes more clearly and preserves your formatting. Other formats will work, but PDF is preferred.
- Think you're a great fit for this role but don’t meet 100% of the criteria listed below? Apply anyways - we'd love to speak with you if you meet most of the requirements!
10KC is permanently remote and building a digital-first culture. We welcome applications from across Canada.
Our Learning & Development Solutions Team is currently seeking a Contract Copywriter.
As a Copywriter, you will report directly to the Head of Learning & Development Solutions and contribute to brand and business objectives through elevated and creative content creation. You will be a strong copywriter who will be responsible for crafting many of 10KC’s content solutions.
You will also be responsible for developing engaging, audience-specific B2B focused content, synthesizing complex concepts and products into concise, compelling, and relatable copy. You’ll know the ins and outs of copy, but you will also bring a well-rounded perspective of the broader industry that includes online marketing, social media, usability, and traditional advertising.
What you’ll do
- Build out a library of marketing collateral for 10KC learning solutions - white papers, 2-pagers, internal comms, etc.
- Write copy for 10KC website outlining all of our learning solutions, thinking through page layout and imagery.
- Support building of Sales decks. Help craft the narrative for each of our learning solutions and create corresponding slide material.
- Support creating curriculum for our learning solutions (i.e. identify supplemental reading materials, draft question starters for mentoring solution)
- Assist with internal branding projects (i.e. feature naming, product positioning, etc) as needed
- Contribute to brainstorms and internal meetings for company narrative and customer voice and conduct research with various team members as we work to solve marketing problems
- Keep organized files of all assets created for company solutions
What you’ll bring
- Strong marketing and communication skills
- Storytelling & writing skills and experience writing content for the web (i.e. easily digestible content)
- Editing skills. The ability to look at a large body of information, distill the most important points and communicate it simply.
- Researching skills. The ability to research a topic and find credible & compelling sources of information.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to navigate and thrive in a fast-paced, tech startup environment
- Avid learner with exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to use Google Drive (Google docs, Google slides)
- Nice to have: An interest in learning & development and/or diversity, equity and inclusion
Expected salary range: $20-30/hr (based on experience), approx. 20 hours a week
More About 10KC
At 10KC, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive community; one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. We celebrate and support our differences. In 2021 we welcomed new team members who are BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and neurodiverse as a part of our team (and we’ll continue to hire more in 2022!). Our mission is to democratize opportunity through the power of human connection. 10KC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage everyone to apply. Whatever your background, race, creed, sex, gender, orientation, religion, people with living with disabilities, and foreign-born residents, to apply - you belong here!
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive health & dental benefits
- Employee assistance program (support for mental health, family & relationship, child & eldercare, work & career, legal, financial, and more)
- Flexible time off (vacation days, flex days, health days, winter holiday closure, Summer Fridays)
- Home office set up allowance
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Parental benefits program
- Permanently remote in Canada (options to work short-term abroad)
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle and needs