People Development Specialist
PeopleFull TimeCalgary, AB
We’re Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC) and we believe that it's the informal moments with colleagues, mentors, and leaders where people learn and grow the most. Mentoring, networking, and informal talent development is where 85% of careers are found and 90% of learning happens, yet is largely left to serendipity and chance (which can then lead to biases and nepotism). Building relationships leads to career development, new opportunities, breakthrough ideas and cultures where we feel like we belong.
We’re building the world’s best technology to deliver the best mentoring, networking and informal development experiences. 10KC offers innovative solutions to help clients evolve and adapt their current programs to address the challenges of the modern day workplace.
We’ve built award winning partnerships to strengthen connectivity and talent development in enterprise, academic, and industry organizations. Our clients include Fortune 1000s like the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), PWC, Adidas, General Electric, Telus, Johnson & Johnson, post-secondary academic institutions across Canada, and diversity networks like Ascend and Black Professionals In Tech Network (BPTN). We have big plans to grow and are building a world-class team to help us meet (and exceed!) our ambitious goals.
Our People team is currently seeking a People Development Specialist.
- Please note that our system displays PDF resumes more clearly and preserves your formatting. Other formats will work, but PDF is preferred.
- Think you're a great fit for this role but don’t meet 100% of the criteria listed below? Apply anyways - we'd love to speak with you if you meet most of the requirements!
10KC is permanently remote and building a digital-first culture. We welcome applications from across Canada.
We’re looking for a passionate data-driven and results-oriented People Development Specialist to help unleash the potential of our team members. You will play an influential role in ensuring 10KC develops and retains a highly engaged and effective team, fostering continuous curiosity and growth mindset through innovative learning and development programs.
What you’ll do
- Develop and manage 10KC’s learning and development programs and initiatives
- Take full ownership of Coffee Camp (our new hire onboarding program)
- Work closely with internal subject matter experts across all teams to support the design and development of team/role-specific onboarding
- Conduct needs assessments to recommend what learning initiatives would best support the business outcomes for learning and training requests
- Measure the effectiveness and impact of learning initiatives and use the data to make recommendations to continuously improve our learning initiatives
- Create and deliver an appropriate blend of learning (e.g., live, e-learning, video, micro-learning, experiential learning, coaching and mentoring, etc.) that are relevant to the learning styles of diverse groups
- Coordinate the L&D budget and our third party spend (including managing training vendors)
- Manage people development administration such as scheduling and tracking learning, documentation of programs and processes, project management, government grant applications and reimbursements, knowledge maintenance, reporting, and measuring learning impact to the business
What you’ll bring
- Experience working on an in-house People/HR team, ideally in a tech environment
- Experience in learning & development, educational technology, instructional design, or adult learning
- Understands how to effectively design and train in a one-to-many, both live and virtual settings, and self-serve setting with people of different learning styles
- Live and virtual facilitation experience
- Strong research and analytical skills: can synthesize the key points and articulate both the ‘what’ and the ‘so what’
- An ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, through presentations, one-on-one settings, group/team meetings, etc
- You are a problem solver comfortable with building and improving processes and best practices
- You thrive in the grey areas, and don’t need high levels of structure to be successful
- Display excellent judgment, discretion and integrity
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done
- Proactive, self-motivated, and self-directed; able to drive deliverables and results which involve people who do not report to you
Expected salary range: $60,000-$80,000
More About 10KC
At 10KC, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive community; one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. We celebrate and support our differences. In 2021 we welcomed new team members who are BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and neurodiverse as a part of our team (and we’ll continue to hire more in 2022!). Our mission is to democratize opportunity through the power of human connection. 10KC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage everyone to apply. Whatever your background, race, creed, sex, gender, orientation, religion, people with living with disabilities, and foreign-born residents, to apply - you belong here!
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive health & dental benefits
- Employee assistance program (support for mental health, family & relationship, child & eldercare, work & career, legal, financial, and more)
- Flexible time off (vacation days, flex days, health days, winter holiday closure, Summer Fridays)
- Home office set up allowance
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Parental benefits program
- Permanently remote in Canada (options to work short-term abroad)
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle and needs