Learning & Development Solutions Specialist
Customer SolutionsFull TimeCalgary, AB
We’re Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC) and we believe that it's the informal moments with colleagues, mentors, and leaders where people learn and grow the most. Mentoring, networking, and informal talent development is where 85% of careers are found and 90% of learning happens, yet is largely left to serendipity and chance (which can then lead to biases and nepotism). Building relationships leads to career development, new opportunities, breakthrough ideas and cultures where we feel like we belong.
We’re building the world’s best technology to deliver the best mentoring, networking and informal development experiences. 10KC offers innovative solutions to help clients evolve and adapt their current programs to address the challenges of the modern day workplace.
We’ve built award winning partnerships to strengthen connectivity and talent development in enterprise, academic, and industry organizations. Our clients include Fortune 1000s like the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), PWC, Adidas, General Electric, Telus, Johnson & Johnson, post-secondary academic institutions across Canada, and diversity networks like Ascend and Black Professionals In Tech Network (BPTN). We have big plans to grow and are building a world-class team to help us meet (and exceed!) our ambitious goals.
- Please note that our system displays PDF resumes more clearly and preserves your formatting. Other formats will work, but PDF is preferred.
- Think you're a great fit for this role but don’t meet 100% of the criteria listed below? Apply anyways - we'd love to speak with you if you meet most of the requirements!
10KC is permanently remote and building a digital-first culture. We welcome applications from across Canada.
The role of the Learning & Development Solutions Specialist is to produce the programming that guides users when they meet 1:1 with a mentor/mentee, coach, peer buddy or in small groups with company leaders for a fireside chat, career conversation, or to activate important learning concepts.
What you will do:
- Act as the Talent subject matter expert to our customers and our team
- Speak to customers to understand their talent objectives and challenges to inform your Solutions roadmap
- Train and enable our customer-facing teams on the Solutions you’ve built, making them experts in selling and implementing talent programming via the Ten Thousand Coffees platform
Identify, plan and write new programming
- Identify strategic opportunities for talent programming through market research and direct conversations with our prospects and customers
- Write conversation guides and templates for our clients to deploy to their employees on themes like mentorship and up-skilling
- Write blog posts and supporting resources for employees to build networking and mentorship competencies, and to use as pre-reads for their development programming
Establish partnerships with thought partners
- Identify subject matter experts to work with on specific content topics
- Develop partnership scopes
- Interview experts to produce compelling content for programming
Support go-to-market strategies for partnership launches and campaigns
- Once programming is ready, support go-to-market strategy to promote it to prospects and current customers (webpages, downloadable resources, etc.)
- See your work through from writing to distribution, measuring the impact and outcomes of the content
- Reporting on KPIs, reflecting on your approach, and constantly iterating and refining the process
What you'll bring:
- A considerable amount of experience in a consulting or in-house L&D-focused role, focused on programming and initiatives related to Human Capital, People, Talent or L&D strategy that enable people to connect with one another. You must have direct experience building and deploying initiatives like Mentorship, Onboarding Buddies, People Manager Development, Coaching, High Potential Programs, etc.
- A passion for learning & development and direct work experience in the space so you can hit the ground running.
- The ability to reapply best practices from past experience building and distributing programming.
- An excitement for the distribution and implementation of your work as writing the content itself.
- A level of comfort in working end-to-end from strategy to execution to ROI. You should be data-driven and comfortable speaking to the business outcomes and ROI of your work.
- A strong curiosity about customer and market insights, with a high degree of empathy for customers and users.
- A love for writing and a knack for turning your expertise into compelling content.
- An agile and adaptable mindset — we’re in a phase of growth and rapid learning
- Do your best work when you’re given some autonomy—you enjoy uncovering a challenge and finding your own ways to solve it.
Expected salary range: $75,000-$90,000 base (+ performance bonus + equity)
More About 10KC
At 10KC, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive community; one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. We celebrate and support our differences. In 2021 we welcomed new team members who are BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and neurodiverse as a part of our team (and we’ll continue to hire more in 2022!). Our mission is to democratize opportunity through the power of human connection. 10KC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage everyone to apply. Whatever your background, race, creed, sex, gender, orientation, religion, people with living with disabilities, and foreign-born residents, to apply - you belong here!
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive health & dental benefits
- Employee assistance program (support for mental health, family & relationship, child & eldercare, work & career, legal, financial, and more)
- Flexible time off (vacation days, flex days, health days, winter holiday closure, Summer Fridays)
- Home office set up allowance
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Parental benefits program
- Permanently remote in Canada (options to work short-term abroad)
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle and needs