EngineeringFull TimeToronto, ON
We’re Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC) and we believe that it's the informal moments with colleagues, mentors, and leaders where people learn and grow the most. Mentoring, networking, and informal talent development is where 85% of careers are found and 90% of learning happens, yet is largely left to serendipity and chance (which can then lead to biases and nepotism). Building relationships leads to career development, new opportunities, breakthrough ideas and cultures where we feel like we belong.
We’re building the world’s best technology to deliver the best mentoring, networking and informal development experiences. 10KC offers innovative solutions to help clients evolve and adapt their current programs to address the challenges of the modern day workplace.
We’ve built award winning partnerships to strengthen connectivity and talent development in enterprise, academic, and industry organizations. Our clients include Fortune 1000s like the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), PWC, Adidas, General Electric, Telus, Johnson & Johnson, post-secondary academic institutions across Canada, and diversity networks like Ascend and Black Professionals In Tech Network (BPTN). We have big plans to grow and are building a world-class team to help us meet (and exceed!) our ambitious goals.
- Please note that our system displays PDF resumes more clearly and preserves your formatting. Other formats will work, but PDF is preferred.
- Think you're a great fit for this role but don’t meet 100% of the criteria listed below? Apply anyways - we'd love to speak with you if you meet most of the requirements!
10KC is permanently remote and building a digital-first culture. We welcome applications from across Canada.
What you’ll do:
- Ship highly scalable backend services and infrastructure: You will work on the Engineering Team, building, testing, and maintaining our backend services and infrastructure (Node.js) with a focus on security, performance, and reliability. You will also be involved with our software architecture, infrastructure, and determining the tooling we use.
- Own development, testing, and maintenance E2E: You will be responsible for ensuring that the features you deploy are of quality and are responsible for shipping, testing, and iterating them. You will build, document and maintain tests, features and infrastructure.
- Be an integral member of our Engineering team: You will collaborate with other members of the engineering team through stand-ups, peer code reviews, retrospectives, and pair-programming when necessary. You will help shape our Engineering team culture, where we strive to have high humility, low egos, and focus on delivering value to our customers through our product.
What You’ll Bring:
- An undergraduate or masters degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering (or equivalent).
- Must have experience building and designing RESTful APIs (preferably with Express.js)
- Experience with databases (MongoDB, Mongoose, and BigQuery), Microservices (Google Cloud functions), Unit/Integration testing (Jest), Enterprise Integrations (SAML, ADFS, OIDC, Okta, AzureAD, etc.) is a definite plus.
- The ability to come up with creative solutions to understand loosely defined/less understood problems as they relate to solving problems for 10KC users.
- You believe that getting the product to the hands of users as fast as possible is the best way to learn about how to solve their problem. We value progress over perfection, and hope you share that passion.
- You deeply care about who we're building for and understand the impact of the product you're shipping.
- You have a proven track record of success in building production-level software.
- You are able to communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether you're explaining technical decisions in writing or in real time. In disagreements, you are able to engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed.
Expected salary ranges:
Engineer Level 1 and 2 - $80,000 - $125,000
Senior Engineer - $120,000 - $150, 000
(+ performance bonus + equity)
More About 10KC
At 10KC, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive community; one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. We celebrate and support our differences. In 2021 we welcomed new team members who are BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and neurodiverse as a part of our team (and we’ll continue to hire more in 2022!). Our mission is to democratize opportunity through the power of human connection. 10KC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage everyone to apply. Whatever your background, race, creed, sex, gender, orientation, religion, people with living with disabilities, and foreign-born residents, to apply - you belong here!
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive health & dental benefits
- Employee assistance program (support for mental health, family & relationship, child & eldercare, work & career, legal, financial, and more)
- Flexible time off (vacation days, flex days, health days, winter holiday closure, Summer Fridays)
- Home office set up allowance
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Parental benefits program
- Permanently remote in Canada (options to work short-term abroad)
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle and needs