Full Stack Developer
EngineeringFull TimeToronto, ON
We’re Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC) and we believe that it's the informal moments with colleagues, mentors, and leaders where people learn and grow the most. Mentoring, networking, and informal talent development is where 85% of careers are found and 90% of learning happens, yet is largely left to serendipity and chance (which can then lead to biases and nepotism). Building relationships leads to career development, new opportunities, breakthrough ideas and cultures where we feel like we belong.
We’re building the world’s best technology to deliver the best mentoring, networking and informal development experiences. 10KC offers innovative solutions to help clients evolve and adapt their current programs to address the challenges of the modern day workplace.
We’ve built award winning partnerships to strengthen connectivity and talent development in enterprise, academic, and industry organizations. Our clients include Fortune 1000s like the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), PWC, Adidas, General Electric, Telus, Johnson & Johnson, post-secondary academic institutions across Canada, and diversity networks like Ascend and Black Professionals In Tech Network (BPTN). We have big plans to grow and are building a world-class team to help us meet (and exceed!) our ambitious goals.
- Please note that our system displays PDF resumes more clearly and preserves your formatting. Other formats will work, but PDF is preferred.
- Think you're a great fit for this role but don’t meet 100% of the criteria listed below? Apply anyways - we'd love to speak with you if you meet most of the requirements!
10KC is permanently remote and building a digital-first culture. We welcome applications from across Canada.
Our Engineering team is growing and we are seeking a Senior Full Stack Developer who can contribute to building a product that our users will love and create meaningful impact within their career development. You'll build, test, and maintain our web application and infrastructure written in Angular and NodeJS.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with the team to build product features from start to finish: through conception, research, implementation, and maintenance.
- Build a high quality product that our customers love and innovate informal talent development.
- Be a part of an engineering culture of fast iteration and shipping.
- Help scale our engineering team whether that’s through writing docs, or improving our DevOps.
- Collaborate with other members of the Engineering Team via code reviews, stand-ups, and pair programming when necessary.
- Help debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
What You’ll Bring:
- A pragmatic and business-oriented work ethic and attitude.
- Experience working with any of the following: Web Accessibility and Performance, Build Tools (e.g. Angular CLI, Webpack), Design Systems (e.g. Material Design, Ant Design), State Management (Redux), NodeJS, RESTful APIs (ExpressJS), Databases (MongoDB, BigQuery), Microservices (Cloud functions), Unit/Integration testing (Jest), Enterprise Integrations (SAML, ADFS, OIDC, Okta, AzureAD, etc.)
- Intrinsic interests in how Modern Web Technologies are evolving like Angular, Typescript, RxJS, NodeJS, etc.
- A proven track record of success in building production-level software. You are able to build a UI with minimal design guidance by following existing UI patterns and components.
- The ability to deliver product to the hands of users as fast as possible is the best way to learn about how to solve their problem.
- An understanding of the importance of shipping with speed and quality in a world of limited time and resources and that done is better than perfect.
- A deep passion about who we're building for and understand the impact of the product you're shipping.
Expected salary ranges:
Engineer Level 1 and 2 - $80,000 - $125,000
Senior Engineer - $120,000 - $150, 000
(+ performance bonus + equity)
More About 10KC
At 10KC, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive community; one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. We celebrate and support our differences. In 2021 we welcomed new team members who are BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and neurodiverse as a part of our team (and we’ll continue to hire more in 2022!). Our mission is to democratize opportunity through the power of human connection. 10KC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage everyone to apply. Whatever your background, race, creed, sex, gender, orientation, religion, people with living with disabilities, and foreign-born residents, to apply - you belong here!
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive health & dental benefits
- Employee assistance program (support for mental health, family & relationship, child & eldercare, work & career, legal, financial, and more)
- Flexible time off (vacation days, flex days, health days, winter holiday closure, Summer Fridays)
- Home office set up allowance
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Parental benefits program
- Permanently remote in Canada (options to work short-term abroad)
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle and needs