Customer SolutionsFull TimeToronto, ON
Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC) builds the tools and technology for talent leaders to launch the best informal development programs - mentoring, sponsorship, coaching, learning beyond the classroom - we do it all.
Alongside the best technology, we strive to offer industry-leading content and programming to create an exceptional experience for our customers, program teams and end users. This position will own our POV on solutions to drive our customers’ business objectives to develop their employees.
Think of Ten Thousand Coffees as the Learning Management System for informal development. The role of the Instructional Designer is to produce the programming that guides users when they meet 1:1 with a mentor/mentee, coach, peer buddy or in small groups with company leaders for a fireside chat, career conversation, or to activate important learning concepts.
What you will do:
Act as the Talent subject matter expert to our customers and our team
- Speak to customers to understand their talent objectives and challenges to inform your Solutions roadmap
- Train and enable our customer-facing teams on the Solutions you’ve built, making them experts in selling and implementing talent programming via the Ten Thousand Coffees platform
Identify, plan and write new programming
- Identify strategic opportunities for talent programming through market research and direct conversations with our prospects and customers
- Write conversation guides and templates for our clients to deploy to their employees on themes like mentorship and upskilling
- Write blog posts and supporting resources for employees to build networking and mentorship competencies, and to use as pre-reads for their development programming
Establish partnerships with thought partners
- Identify subject matter experts to work with on specific content topics
- Develop partnership scopes
- Interview experts to produce compelling content for programming
Support go-to-market strategies for partnership launches and campaigns
- Once programming is ready, support go-to-market strategy to promote it to prospects and current customers (webpages, downloadable resources, etc.)
- See your work through from writing to distribution, measuring the impact and outcomes of the content
- Reporting on KPIs, reflecting on your approach, and constantly iterating and refining the process
What you bring:
- 3+ years of experience in a consulting or in-house Instructional Design or L&D-focused role, focused on programming and initiatives related to Human Capital, People, Talent or L&D strategy
- A passion for learning & development and direct work experience in the space so you can hit the ground running.
- The ability to reapply best practices from past experience building and distributing programming.
- An excitement for the distribution and implementation of your work as writing the content itself.
- A level of comfort in working end-to-end from strategy to execution to ROI. You should be data-driven and comfortable speaking to the business outcomes and ROI of your work.
- A strong curiosity about customer and market insights, with a high degree of empathy for customers and users.
- A love for writing and a knack for turning your expertise into compelling content.
- An agile and adaptable mindset — we’re in a phase of growth and rapid learning
- Do your best work when you’re given some autonomy—you enjoy uncovering a challenge and finding your own ways to solve it.
About Ten Thousand Coffees
We’re Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC), pioneers of the enterprise talent development space. Our platform smart matches colleagues together to develop through informal, virtual coffee chats. We’ve built award winning partnerships to build connectivity and talent development in enterprise, academic and industry organizations. Our clients include Fortune 1000s like RBC, AIG, PwC, McKesson, post-secondary academic institutions across Canada, and diversity networks like Ascend and Out Leadership. We have big plans to grow and are building a world-class team to help us meet and exceed our ambitious goals.
We celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allow our employees and our product to deliver on our mission of democratizing opportunity.
Ten Thousand Coffees is now permanently remote and building a digital-first culture. We welcome applications from across Canada.
Benefits & Perks
- Work from Anywhere. Work from anywhere you call home with an option to work flex hours outside of core working hours. We also have a home office allowance to set up your workspace and monthly phone and internet subsidy.
- Comprehensive Benefits. Coverage includes prescriptions, dental, specialists and more. We also have mental health support which includes fast access to mental health specialists, and wellness practitioners.
- Generous PTO Policy. Time away from work is important and so we offer four weeks of PTO (split between vacation and flex time), sick days and parental leave policy (covering both primary and secondary leave). We also end the day early on Fridays for Summer Fridays, and close for a week at the end of the year in December.
- Wellness Subsidy. Self-care is important. We offer a wellness subsidy to support your wellbeing whether that’s through a fitness app or a mindfulness app.