Back End Developer (Remote)
EngineeringFull TimeVancouver, BC
Location: Remote work arrangement within Canada
We’re Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC), pioneers of the enterprise talent development space. Our platform smart matches colleagues together to develop through informal, virtual coffee chats. We’ve built award winning partnerships to build connectivity and talent development in enterprise, academic and industry organizations. Our clients include Fortune 1000s like RBC, AIG, PwC, McKesson, post-secondary academic institutions across Canada, and diversity networks like Ascend and Out Leadership. We have big plans to grow and are building a world-class team to help us meet and exceed our ambitious goals.
The Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC) Engineering team is growing and is looking for people to contribute to building a product that our users will love and bring meaningful impact in their career development. We're looking for a Back End Developer who will build, test, maintain, and iterate on our backend services and infrastructure written in NodeJS and Python, improve our DevOps, and be an integral member of our Engineering team.
A Typical Week In The Life:
- Ship highly scalable backend services and infrastructure: You with the engineering team to build, test, maintain backend services and infrastructure (NodeJS) with a focus on security, performance, and reliability. You will also be responsible for architecting and building infrastructure so that 10KC can integrate with third-party APIs to make 10KC enterprise-ready.
- Own development, testing, and maintenance E2E: You will be responsible for ensuring that the features you deploy are of quality and are responsible for shipping, testing, and iterating them. You will build, document and maintain tests, features and infrastructure.
- Be an integral member of our Engineering team: You will collaborate with other members of the engineering team through stand-ups, peer code reviews, retro, and pair-programming when necessary. You will help shape our Engineering team culture to have high humility and low egos.
What You’ll Bring:
- Experience working with any of the following: NodeJS, RESTful APIs (ExpressJS), Databases (MongoDB, BigQuery), Microservices (Cloud functions), Unit/Integration testing (Jest), Enterprise Integrations (SAML, ADFS, OIDC, Okta, AzureAD, etc.)
- A pragmatic and business-oriented work ethic and attitude.
- Strong problem solving skills
You'll Thrive In This Role If:
- You believe that getting the product to the hands of users as fast as possible is the best way to learn about how to solve their problem.
- You deeply care about who we're building for and understand the impact of the product you're shipping.
- You understand the importance of shipping with speed and quality in a world of limited time and resources and that done is better than perfect.
- You have a proven track record of success in building production-level software.
- You are familiar with full-stack development and have some experience in front end.
- You have intrinsic interests in how Modern Web Technologies are evolving like Angular, Typescript, RxJS, NodeJS, etc.
- You are able to communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether you're explaining technical decisions in writing or in real time. In disagreements, you are able to engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed.
Ten Thousand Coffees is now permanently remote and building a digital-first culture. We welcome applications from across Canada.
Perks & Benefits:
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Vacation and Flex Time
- Permanently remote - work from anywhere
- Flexible working hours to suit your style and needs
- Home Office set up allowance
- Phone & Internet subsidy
- Fitness subsidy
- Stress Management, Wellbeing, and unlimited Mental health support
- Employee Assistance Program
- Parental Leave Policy
How to Apply:
Sound like you? Keen to learn more? We’d love to hear from you.
Ten Thousand Coffees welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We are committed to an inclusive workforce and encourage all applicants to apply!