Front End Developer
We’re Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC), pioneers of the enterprise talent development space. Our platform smart matches colleagues together to develop through informal, virtual coffee chats. We’ve built award winning partnerships to build connectivity and talent development in enterprise, academic and industry organizations. Our clients include Fortune 1000s like RBC, AIG, PwC, McKesson, post-secondary academic institutions across Canada, and diversity networks like Ascend and Out Leadership. We have big plans to grow and are building a world-class team to help us meet and exceed our ambitious goals.
The Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC) Engineering team is growing and is looking for people to contribute to building a product that our users will love and bring meaningful impact in their career development. We're looking for a Front End Developer who will build, test, and maintain our web application and infrastructure written in Angular, help improve our built tools and be an active member of our Engineering team. Bonus points if you like breaking down the boundary between Engineering and Design and are able to ship quality UI and UX with minimal design guidance.
A Typical Week In The Life:
- Ship quality user interfaces and infrastructure: You will work closely with the small, but mighty, Product/Engineering team to build, test, and maintain quality user interfaces in Angular with a focus on usability, performance and accessibility. You will also be responsible for improving and maintaining our front-end infrastructure.
- Own development, testing, and maintenance E2E: You will be responsible for ensuring that the features you deploy are of quality and are responsible for shipping, testing, and iterating them. You will build, document and maintain tests, features and infrastructure.
- Be an integral member of our Engineering team: You will collaborate with other members of the engineering team through stand-ups, peer code reviews, retro, and pair-programming when necessary. You will help shape our Engineering team culture to have high humility and low egos. You must be able to communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether you're explaining technical decisions in writing or in real time. In disagreements, you must engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed.
What You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years of experience in Web development with a focus on a modern framework (Angular/React/Vue) and Typescript
- Experience working with any of the following: Web Accessibility and Performance, Build Tools (Angular CLI, Webpack), Design Systems (Material Design, Ant Design), State Management (Redux, NGRX, NGXS, Akita), Figma.
- A pragmatic and business-oriented work ethic and attitude.
- Strong problem solving skills
You'll Thrive In This Role If:
- You believe that getting the product to the hands of users as fast as possible is the best way to learn about how to solve their problem.
- You deeply care about who we're building for and understand the impact of the product you're shipping.
- You understand the importance of shipping with speed and quality in a world of limited time and resources and that done is better than perfect.
- You have a proven track record of success in building production-level software. You are able to build UI with minimal design guidance by following existing UI patterns and components.
- You are familiar with full-stack development and have some experience in backend.
- You have intrinsic interests in how Modern Web Technologies are evolving like Angular, Typescript, RxJS, NodeJS, etc.
- Your approach, interaction, and communication with others is empathetic whether that's with our users, or your colleagues.
Ten Thousand Coffees is now permanently remote and building a digital-first culture. We welcome applications from across Canada.
Perks & Benefits:
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Vacation and Flex Time
- Permanently remote - work from anywhere
- Flexible working hours to suit your style and needs
- Home Office set up allowance
- Phone & Internet subsidy
- Fitness subsidy
- Stress Management, Wellbeing, and unlimited Mental health support
- Employee Assistance Program
- Parental Leave Policy
How to Apply:
Sound like you? Keen to learn more? We’d love to hear from you.
Ten Thousand Coffees welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We are committed to an inclusive workforce and encourage all applicants to apply!