What you'll do:
- Ship quality user interfaces: You will work closely with VP Product Design and Engineers to design, code, and test quality user interfaces with a focus on usability, performance and accessibility. As a small team, we'd love to have designers who can code so there's no back-and-forth handoff with engineering — this helps us move fast. By knowing how to code, you'd also be able to polish features in code.
- Bring concepts/ideas to life through visuals: Work cross-functionally with product management and engineering to create, collaborate and iterate on flows, prototype, and high-fidelity visuals.
- Conduct user research: You will work with Product Management to conduct user research to inform design decisions on how to solve hard problems that customers will love, yet works for our business in the B2B HR/Talent Tech space.
- Creative product storytelling: You will collaborate with the Product and Marketing team to help deliver and refine clear storytelling around the product for buyers and end-users. This includes every part of our buyer and end-user user life cycles across our site, product, help guides and other channels.
What you bring:
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Designer (Web). Strongly preferred to have the ability to build Web UI interfaces through HTML and CSS. (bonus points if you've worked at an early stage start-up to scale-up environment)
- Strong UI/UX skills demonstrated through creation of wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas. You must also be able to proactively cover the use-cases beyond the happy-case.
- Strong prototyping and communication skills to articulate your designs, especially in cases where interactions may be particularly nuanced.
- Experience in building design systems that are easy to understand and have an understanding on how to build scalable design systems through Atomic Design.
- You put solving user problems first. You deeply care about who we're building for and understand the impact of the product you're shipping. You believe that getting the product to the hands of users as fast as possible is the best way to learn about how to solve their problem and not be blocked by chasing pixel perfection.
You'll like thrive in this role if you:
- Love tackling ambiguous problems and shaping them into clear goals.
- Have strong beliefs, loosely held. You're a good listener who likes to collaborate.
- Are connected to the 10KC mission of democratizing network and opportunity (bonus points if you've worked in HR Tech before)
- Approach, interact, and communicate with others empathetically whether that's our users, or your colleagues.
10KC Tech Stack
- Angular (Frontend)
- Angular Material / NGZorro (Design system)
- NGRX (State Management)
- Jest (Testing)
- Node (Backend)
- Google Cloud Services (App Engine, Compute Engine, Cloud Functions)
- Jest (Testing)
- Webstorm (IDE)
- Github (VCS/Project Management)
- Figma / Notion (Design / Collaboration)
About Ten Thousand Coffees
We’re Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC), pioneers of the enterprise talent development space. Our platform smart matches colleagues together to develop through informal, virtual coffee chats. We’ve built award winning partnerships to build connectivity and talent development in enterprise, academic and industry organizations. Our clients include Fortune 1000s like RBC, AIG, PwC, McKesson, post-secondary academic institutions across Canada, and diversity networks like Ascend and Out Leadership. We have big plans to grow and are building a world-class team to help us meet and exceed our ambitious goals.
We celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allow our employees and our product to deliver on our mission of democratizing opportunity.
Ten Thousand Coffees is now permanently remote and building a digital-first culture. We welcome applications from across Canada.
*Please note that our system displays PDF resumes more clearly & preserves your formatting. Other formats are welcome, but PDF is preferred.*