Business Development Representative
Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC) is looking for a Business Development Representative to seek net new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads from outbound and inbound campaigns and meeting sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until you close the deal. If you’re excited about helping customers solve business critical talent development and connectivity problems using innovative technology in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, scale-up culture - we want to chat with you.
Here’s a snapshot of what you’ll do as a Business Development Representative:
- Prospect. Conduct research, identify key players, and proactively seek new business opportunities in the market. Leverage your creativity and relationship building expertise, contacting and connecting with potential clients through an arsenal of channels.
- Qualify Leads. Qualify inbound leads to drive net new business relationships. Identify high-level client needs and work with Account Executives to create proposals of offerings.
- Subject Matter Expertise. Always curious, you’ll stay up to date with new products, new services, and be the first to know about trending pricing and payment plans.
Your Skills & Experience:
- 2-3 years proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar roles.
- Track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- Expertise in talent management and innovative future of work technologies.
- High level of ownership, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Highly organized with fundamental knowledge of Salesforce and Google tools to prioritize day to day sales activities.
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques, and sales performance metrics
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Experience in a high growth start-up to scale-up environment. Being familiar and comfortable in the environment of a tech startup means you embrace fast-paced change but always seek ways to enhance the experience and make things better.
We’re Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC), pioneers of the enterprise talent development space. Our platform smart matches colleagues together to develop through informal, virtual coffee chats. We’ve built award winning partnerships to build connectivity and talent development in enterprise, academic and industry organizations. Our clients include Fortune 1000s like RBC, AIG, PwC, McKesson, post-secondary academic institutions across Canada, and diversity networks like Ascend and Out Leadership. We have big plans to grow and are building a world-class team to help us meet and exceed our ambitious goals.
Ten Thousand Coffees is now permanently remote and building a culture that's digital first. We welcome applications from individuals who have legal authorization to work in Canada, regardless of their location.
We celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees and our product to deliver our mission of democratizing opportunity. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Please note that our system displays PDF resumes more clearly & preserves your formatting. Other formats are welcome, but PDF is preferred.