Product Reliability Engineer
Ten Thousand Coffees is a fast growing software startup with a small and focused engineering team. Our core focus is reducing the barriers people encounter when creating diverse relationships within their organizations. We facilitate modern mentoring, networking, and peer to peer learning for 70+ universities and colleges, and Fortune 500 enterprises like IBM, AIG, Nike, RBC, and McKesson.
Product Reliability Engineering at 10KC follows a simple objective: to reduce the need for customer support activities to as close to zero as possible. You will work closely with both the Director of Engineering & the Product Reliability Engineer to decide what you need to work on to make the product more successful. You'll have a ton of opportunity to receive mentorship to grow your skills as a full-stack software developer. We practice continuous deployment, so you will be able to see your impact on the product weekly.
More specifically, your time will be split:
- ~50% of the role is tier one customer support -- Being the point of contact for technical issues that arise from our product.
- ~50% of the role is reducing the need for customer support activities -- Answering, from a product perspective, what might be done to remove the need that caused the customer support issues to arise?
Please note that our system displays PDF resumes more clearly & preserves your formatting. Other formats are welcome, but PDF is preferred.
Ten Thousand Coffees is now permanently remote and building a culture that's digital first. We welcome applications from any Canadian applicant, including those outside of Toronto.
Activities For Support
- Customer virtual help desk and front facing customer support management (we use Intercom)
- Product issue triage, prioritization, fixing and status communication
- Ensure internal teams share a wholistic understanding of our core product and its functionality
Activities for Reliability
- New Product features - What could make our user experience better? What would drive a 5-star user experience? Make it!
- Product enhancements - Is the site information hierarchy confusing? Does a feature not meet the users needs? What makes a feature confusing? Fix it!
- Automation - What can you automate that is being done manually? What is silently going wrong? Automate it!
- Documentation - How do you remove the need to ever have to answer something more than once? Write it!
Think you're a great fit for this role but missing the mark on an item on the list? Apply anyways - we'd love to speak with you.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- This role is ideal for someone who is looking to break into software development and grow their skills. Maybe you've just graduated or completed a bootcamp of some sort. You don't need any specific technical experience to handle this role - we'll help you learn along the way!
- If you have any of these, that's awesome, but not required:
- Experience with a web development framework -- NodeJS, Express, and Angular are what we currently use
- Experience developing with RESTful APIs
- Experience building and scaling user-focused web applications
- Experience with document-oriented databases
About Ten Thousand Coffees
We’re Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC), pioneers of the enterprise talent development space. Our platform smart matches colleagues together to develop through informal, virtual coffee chats. We’ve built award winning partnerships to build connectivity and talent development in enterprise, academic and industry organizations. Our clients include Fortune 1000s like RBC, AIG, PwC, McKesson, post-secondary academic institutions across Canada, and diversity networks like Ascend and Out Leadership. We have big plans to grow and are building a world-class team to help us meet and exceed our ambitious goals.
We celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees and our product to deliver our mission of democratizing opportunity. Ten Thousand Coffees is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.