Director, Growth Marketing
Marketing Full TimeRemote
Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC) is looking for a Director of Growth Marketing who's looking for the opportunity to join a growth stage company with a passionate team.
In this role, you'll lead a small but mighty marketing team, working with one other marketer. You'll focus on organic growth strategies and create an integrated strategy that covers product marketing, content marketing, customer marketing, SEO and social. Once a solid organic strategy is in place, you'll begin to explore paid strategies and prove out ROI. You'll work with mixed teams from sales, customer success, design and product to plan & execute.
We celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees and our product to deliver our mission of democratizing opportunity. Ten Thousand Coffees is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Please note that our system displays PDF resumes more clearly & preserves your formatting. Other formats are welcome, but PDF is preferred.
Ten Thousand Coffees is now permanently remote and building a culture that's digital first. We welcome applications from Canadian applicants outside Toronto.
- Marketing Strategy. In partnership with the VP Product, craft a strategic plan, focused on organic tactics for growth. Excited to be a player and coach, willing and keen to roll up your sleeves whenever needed.
- Product Marketing. Develop impactful product positioning and messaging that clearly communicates our value prop. Define our core use cases with resources for lead generation, buyer enablement and team enablement. You should love copywriting and supporting your teammates in making it easy to describe and sell an innovative product.
- Content Marketing. Devise a content marketing strategy that includes blog content, buyer enablement resources, lead magnets, and more to establish Ten Thousand Coffees as a thought leader.
- Customer Marketing. Make our clients feel like rockstars to support our CS team in their ambitious expansion targets. Develop a deep understanding of customers' business challenges and industry trends to lead informed conversations on how 10KC enables them to achieve their objectives.
- Leadership. You'll work directly with one Marketing Manager, and assess any gaps that need to be filled with additional resourcing going forward. This may include hiring and/or use of freelance talent.
Desired Skills & Experience
Think you're a great fit for this role but missing the mark on an item on the list? Apply anyways - we'd love to speak with you.
- 6-8+ years of professional experience, with at least 3 years direct B2B SaaS marketing experience.
- This is a roll up your sleeves role, so previous experience working in a small marketing team, or team of one is important. We're looking for someone who wants to be involved in both strategy and execution.
- Previous experience managing a Growth Marketing function. You should be data-driven and comfortable speaking to the business outcomes and ROI of your work.
- Strong track record of building and engaging a high performing growth-oriented team. Ability to share and re-apply best practices from your past experience on high impact strategies + tactics for growth.
- Experience in a high growth start-up to scale-up environment. Being familiar and comfortable in the environment of a tech startup means you embrace fast-paced change but always seek ways to enhance the experience and make things better. Ideally, you’ve previously worked at a company with less than 50 employees.
- Solutions oriented self starter, you're open to adjusting tactics and executing in a rapidly changing work environment with complete independence.
- Preference for direct experience in Enterprise software, ideally in the talent development, talent management, or L&D space.
About Ten Thousand Coffees
We’re Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC), pioneers of the enterprise talent development space. Our platform smart matches colleagues together to develop through informal, virtual coffee chats. We’ve built award winning partnerships to build connectivity and talent development in enterprise, academic and industry organizations. Our clients include Fortune 1000s like RBC, AIG, PwC, McKesson, post-secondary academic institutions across Canada, and diversity networks like Ascend and Out Leadership. We have big plans to grow and are building a world-class team to help us meet and exceed our ambitious goals.