Director, Customer Success
Client GrowthFull TimeRemote
Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC) is looking for a Director of Customer Success who's looking for the opportunity to join a rapidly growing team to be a part of enabling the continued success and expansion of our diverse range of clients.
In this role, you'll be directly managing a team of five Customer Success Managers to oversee the end-to-end delivery of a world-class client experience. You'll work with mixed teams from sales, engineering, marketing and product.
You'll be responsible for driving growth. Directly and through your team, you'll build positive relationships with executive level decision makers across a portfolio of customers. You'll have a direct impact on growing 10KC by rapidly expanding accounts, establishing new relationships, uncovering new opportunities, and positioning our products to successfully drive business results for your customers.
We celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees and our product to deliver our mission of democratizing opportunity. Ten Thousand Coffees is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5-7+ years of relevant work experience, with 3+ years as a people-manager of more than 2 direct reports in Customer Success, account management or other customer facing roles.
- Experience and deep understanding of talent and career development challenges and how to solve them using technology and an innovative approach
- Previous experience managing a Customer Success team that is accountable for revenue through retention and expansion. Ideally you've operationalized a growth mindset by implementing Salesforce utilization and other processes, and continuously innovating on best practices.
- Strong track record of building and engaging a high performing growth-oriented team. Ability to share and re-apply best practices from your past experience on high impact strategies + tactics for growth.
- Experience in a high growth start-up to scale-up environment. Being familiar and comfortable in the environment of a tech startup means you embrace fast-paced change but always seek ways to enhance the experience and make things better. Ideally, you’ve previously worked at a company with less than 30 employees.
- Solutions oriented self starter, you're open to adjusting tactics and executing in a rapidly changing work environment with complete independence.
- Proven ability to establish trusted advisor relationships with business decision makers. You are comfortable facilitating meetings with senior leaders and challenging ideas and existing strategies.
- Preference for direct experience in Enterprise software, ideally in the talent development, talent management, or L&D space.
- Coaching & Performance Management. Manage & coach a team of five Customer Success Managers with ambitious goals for retention and expansion. Excited to be a player and coach, willing and keen to roll up your sleeves whenever needed.
- Revenue Operations & Enablement. Manage SFDC utilization and reporting, driving continuous improvement. Use process and data to identify opportunities to double down or problem areas to innovate on.
- Leadership. Participate as a key stakeholder of the Ten Thousand Coffees’ company-wide strategy. Comfortable to lead by example, be involved in leadership level strategy as well as everyday operations.
- Customer Strategy. Interact with customers of all levels (Managers to Global C-suite) through multiple channels. You should be comfortable to work closely with executives at Fortune 1000 companies with a focus on talent and career development strategies and innovation.
- Customer Growth. Turn clients into advocates and support a team to do the same. Develop a deep understanding of customers' business challenges and industry trends to lead informed conversations on how 10KC can enable them to achieve their objectives.
- Team Alignment. Connect client data and insight to support our product innovation and feature development, while also evolving the working relationship with Sales.
About Ten Thousand Coffees
We’re Ten Thousand Coffees (10KC), pioneers of the enterprise talent development space. Our platform smart matches colleagues together to develop through informal, virtual coffee chats. We’ve built award winning partnerships to build connectivity and talent development in enterprise, academic and industry organizations. Our clients include Fortune 1000s like RBC, AIG, PwC, McKesson, post-secondary academic institutions across Canada, and diversity networks like Ascend and Out Leadership. We have big plans to grow and are building a world-class team to help us meet and exceed our ambitious goals.
Ten Thousand Coffees is now permanently remote and building a culture that's digital first. We welcome applications from outside Toronto.