Farm Sales Specialist
Business/OperationsFull TimeBuffalo, NY
SomaDetect is seeking a highly motivated Farm Sales Specialist who will help us expand our customer base and share our technology with the dairy farming community in North America. This individual will have strong communication, interpersonal skills have work experience in the dairy community, demonstrating an understanding of dairy community dynamics and organizational landscape. This position will be based in Buffalo, NY
- Responsible for creating, nurturing and qualifying farmer leads;
- Responsible for working in-between product, marketing and sales to grow and retain customers;
- Responsible for creating new farmer leads;
- Responsible for handling sales process from leads and quote to close;
- Responsible for reaching out to customer leads through cold calling;
- Responsible for keeping management informed by submitting activity and result reports such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses;
- Responsible for attending conferences and fairs to promote the company and attract new customers;
- Responsible for recommending changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments;
- Responsible for performing cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs;
- Responsible for continuously improve product by collecting feedback and sharing it with management;
- Responsible for achieving agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule.
- Sales and/or marketing experience preferably within the dairy industry, establishing relationships and working with customers.
- Experience using NetSuite, HubSpot, MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- A commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, exceptional organizational ability, high attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
SomaDetect is the world’s premier machine-learning and artificial-intelligence company in dairy. SomaDetect works with farmers to provide them with the information they need to produce the best possible milk. We are a dynamic start-up company founded in Fredericton, NB, with offices in Ontario and Buffalo, NY. Our core product is an in-line sensor that measures critical indicators of dairy quality (fat, protein, somatic cell counts, progesterone, and antibiotics) from every cow at every milking. It uses no consumables (no chemicals, no cartridges, no lost milk), is extremely quick (i.e. seconds), and accurate. We use an IoT sensor technology with computer vision and machine learning techniques to maximize the information obtained from each drop of milk. This helps dairy farmers to close the information gap, reduce the spread of disease, manage milk quality, and optimize their farming activities. SomaDetect means better data for farmers, better milk for consumers and better lives for cows.