Cloud Ops Engineer
Product DevelopmentFull TimeAny
We are looking for a motivated and innovative Cloud Ops Engineer responsible for the overall management and support of SomaDetect’s network infrastructure. The ideal candidate has experience supporting medium to large networks; data center management; cloud infrastructure management; worked with various networking tools and protocols; a good understanding of network security; and a desire to stay current with new technology solutions. This position will be based in Fredericton, NB, Buffalo, NY or St. Catharines, ON
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, MS Azure, Office 365).
- Responsible for the configuration of AWS (e.g., Sophos web filtering, VPC backup and Mgmt., KMS).
- Responsible for managing and supporting Linux systems and Windows systems.
- Responsible for maintaining and building scripts to manage the cloud infrastructure and server instances.
- Responsible for conducting short-term and long-term network architecture planning to meet current and expanding business requirements.
- Responsible for troubleshooting router and switch connectivity.
- Responsible for providing top-level network support within defined SLAs.
- Responsible for working with the Software Development team to design an operating environment and data flow that is secure.
- Responsible for developing testing and implementation plans for projects with multiple moving parts.
- Responsible for actively participating in troubleshooting and RCA for security and INF events.
- Responsible for consistently providing high-quality work in a deadline driven environment.
- Accountable for accomplishing tasks both independently and collaboratively.
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- Industry certifications preferred.
- 3+ years of network or network management experience in a technical networking role, including – but not limited to – design, implementation, disaster recovery, network security architecture and engineering.
- Proven ability to provide automation solutions using PowerShell, Python and JSON.
- Must have strong prior scripting experience.
- Must have Cloud experience with AWS; experience with MS Azure, Office 365, and/or Force.com is a plus.
SomaDetect is the world’s premier machine-learning and artificial-intelligence company in dairy. SomaDetect works with farmers to provide them with the information they need to produce the best possible milk. We are a dynamic start-up company founded in Fredericton, NB, with offices in Ontario and Buffalo, NY. Our core product is an in-line sensor that measures critical indicators of dairy quality (fat, protein, somatic cell counts, progesterone, and antibiotics) from every cow at every milking. It uses no consumables (no chemicals, no cartridges, no lost milk), is extremely quick (i.e. seconds), and accurate. We use an IoT sensor technology with computer vision and machine learning techniques to maximize the information obtained from each drop of milk. This helps dairy farmers to close the information gap, reduce the spread of disease, manage milk quality, and optimize their farming activities. SomaDetect means better data for farmers, better milk for consumers and better lives for cows.