Full Stack Web Developer
Product DevelopmentFull TimeAny
We are looking Full Stack Web Developer to design and redefine the web interface of our analytics solutions, website and other applications. We are building a data visualization and analytics platform for our sensor system that requires simplified and refined design to help dairy farmers understand milk quality. We are looking for a self-driven Web Developer that is passionate about data visualization and analytics and is looking to build big data solutions.
- Responsible for designing and implementing software of embedded devices and systems for our sensor system or other IoT devices for dairy farms.
- Responsible for working with hardware and product development team to develop new product designs and lead the development of software solutions for deployment.
- Responsible for designing and implementing software solutions for our cloud platform and data processing infrastructure.
- Experience coding HTML and CSS and programming languages - ideally JavaScrip, NodeJS, Rust
- Experience developing API endpoints
- experience working with databases (SQL)
- Experience with building software as a service products
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services in a production environment. AWS(EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, etc. )
- Experience developing for Linux-based deployment platforms (Ubuntu preferred)
- Experience with Python is an asset.
- A strong understanding of web standards and current best practices and love graphic design.
- Exceptional critical-thinking and analytical skills; troubleshoot browser and device compatibility
- Familiar with current and emerging frameworks and technologies
- Experience working in Agile-like environments and helping in issue-tracking and QA implementation.
- Experience working across the full technology stack and collaborating with embedded engineers.
- You have strong documentation and writing skills.
SomaDetect is the world’s premier machine-learning and artificial-intelligence company in dairy. SomaDetect works with farmers to provide them with the information they need to produce the best possible milk. We are a dynamic start-up company founded in Fredericton, NB, with offices in Ontario and Buffalo, NY. Our core product is an in-line sensor that measures critical indicators of dairy quality (fat, protein, somatic cell counts, progesterone, and antibiotics) from every cow at every milking. It uses no consumables (no chemicals, no cartridges, no lost milk), is extremely quick (i.e. seconds), and accurate. We use an IoT sensor technology with computer vision and machine learning techniques to maximize the information obtained from each drop of milk. This helps dairy farmers to close the information gap, reduce the spread of disease, manage milk quality, and optimize their farming activities. SomaDetect means better data for farmers, better milk for consumers and better lives for cows.
Applications should include relevant work samples that display creativity and problem solving.