S/W DevOps Manager
Product DevelopmentFull TimeAny
S/W DevOps Manager
We are looking for a motivated and innovative thinker with excellent technical and management skills for a position as a S/W Dev Ops Manager. We are seeking an individual who has a passion for developing solutions that disrupt the status quo. This individual will be responsible for delivering software products and components for IoT technology and solutions at SomaDetect, ensuring a high quality user-friendly front end, robust connectivity data integration and a secure data management platform. The Dev Ops Manager is a successful player with more than 10 years in software development and team management. This position will be based in Fredericton, NB, Buffalo, NY or St. Catharines, ON
- Responsible for overall connectivity from farm to cloud to ensure proper data transfers
- Responsible for top-quality front-end user experience
- Responsible for attracting and retaining a strong software team
- Responsible for managing a team in multiple locations, with multiple parallel projects
- Responsible for software issue management and resolution process
- Responsible for ensuring privacy standards (e.g. GDPR) are respected
- Responsible for supporting the Soma product development process
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience with AWS (and ideally experience capturing data and managing machine-learning algorithms on the cloud)
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience working with distributed systems such as Elasticsearch, Apache Kafka, or Apache Spark
- Experience in software requirements gathering and defining building CI/CD pipelines
- Experience using Git and Atlassian products (i.e. Confluence, JIRA)
- Experience in scaling data applications for X00,000 of connected users / devices
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- Experience in high volume IoT connectivity, communication systems and platforms
- You have a strong passion for technology and are motivated and eager to learn more.
- You have exceptional critical-thinking and analytical skills.
- You have strong communication and documentation skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts across various business units.
- You have experience managing young and diverse teams (in multiple locations)
- You have a strong understanding of networking and security
SomaDetect is the world’s premier machine-learning and artificial-intelligence company in dairy. SomaDetect works with farmers to provide them with the information they need to produce the best possible milk. We are a dynamic start-up company founded in Fredericton, NB, with offices in Ontario and Buffalo, NY. Our core product is an in-line sensor that measures critical indicators of dairy quality (fat, protein, somatic cell counts, progesterone, and antibiotics) from every cow at every milking. It uses no consumables (no chemicals, no cartridges, no lost milk), is extremely quick (i.e. seconds), and accurate. We use an IoT sensor technology with computer vision and machine learning techniques to maximize the information obtained from each drop of milk. This helps dairy farmers to close the information gap, reduce the spread of disease, manage milk quality, and optimize their farming activities. SomaDetect means better data for farmers, better milk for consumers and better lives for cows.
Applications should include relevant work samples that display creativity and problem solving.