Lead SQA Engineer
Product DevelopmentFull TimeBuffalo, NY
SomaDetect is looking for a Lead Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer to help ensure all of our systems are of the highest quality. Our milk quality sensing system include lasers, cameras, ARM processors, power supplies, and IoT technologies. Milk quality data is sent to the cloud, where we use several types of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) technologies to extract various types of information from our sensors’ data. This data is then presented to our customers in many ways, using state-of-the-art web-based visualization methods. Data collected by our system helps dairy farmers understand milk quality and herd health in real time.
The successful candidate will have hands-on experience performing SQA in many of these areas. We are looking for a highly-functional, self-driven Lead SQA Engineer that is passionate about all aspects of Software Quality Assurance, including: Automated Unit Testing / Continuous Integration, Code Coverage / Complexity Analysis, Regression Test Plan Creation / Execution, and Issue Tracking / Resolution. This position will be based out of our Buffalo, NY office.
- Lead the SQA process for all aspects of the company's software
- Help refine the SQA best-practices for the company’s embedded, web, and AI software packages
- Convey various meaningful SQA metrics to the management team
- You have proven SQA experience in embedded and cloud-based Linux-based applications
- You have proven experience working in Agile environments and like to work in Scrum and Blitz sessions
- You are an expert at bug tracking and issue resolution, knowing how to apply this knowledge to embedded H/W issues
- You have a strong understanding of coding standards and current best practices.
- You have the ability to troubleshoot software issues on embedded and cloud-based systems
- You have strong communication (written & verbal) and documentation skills
- You have a strong programming knowledge - in Python, C / C++, various web technologies
- You have the ability to think in the abstract and see how small details fit into the bigger picture
- You have a creative mindset and the ability to approach a problem creatively
- You have a meticulous approach to work
- You have the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of IT systems
- You have 5+ years of hands-on SQA experience, developing and implementing regression tests, unit tests, etc.
- You have a B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Technology (MS preferred)
SomaDetect is the world’s premier machine-learning and artificial-intelligence company in dairy. SomaDetect works with farmers to provide them with the information they need to produce the best possible milk. We are a dynamic start-up company founded in Fredericton, NB. Our core product is an in-line sensor that measures every critical indicator of dairy quality (fat, protein, somatic cell counts, progesterone, and antibiotics, among others) from every cow at every milking. It uses no consumables (no chemicals, no cartridges, no lost milk), provides these measures quickly (i.e., minutes, not days), and is very accurate. We use IoT sensor technologies combined with computer vision and machine learning techniques, to maximize the information obtained from each drop of milk. This helps dairy farmers to close the information gap, reduce the spread of disease, manage milk quality, and optimize their farming activities. SomaDetect means better data for farmers, better milk for consumers, and better lives for cows.