Dairy Sampler & Data Recorder
Product DevelopmentFull TimeAny
We are looking for motivated individuals with excellent communication skills for positions as Dairy Samplers and Data Recorders. This position will work with breakthrough technology and take samples of milk for lab analysis, recording all relevant identifying information about the cow it comes from. We are seeking a highly-motivated team member who will help SomaDetect make waves in the industry. This position can be based in Fredericton, NB, Buffalo, NY or St. Catherines, Ontario.
- Supports the integration of SomaDetect’s sensor with existing on-farm/dairy equipment
- Drives to farms and takes samples of milk, recording all relevant data
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with SomaDetect’s customers
- Assists SomaDetect in becoming a market leader in the dairy technology industry by providing additional operational support as needed
- You have a strong understanding of how parlour and robotic milking systems function
- Experience working with multiple types of dairy equipment, along with their distributors and manufacturers
- You have exceptional time management and critical-thinking skills while being able to work cohesively as part of a team or independently.
- A technical degree is preferred, but is not required.
SomaDetect is the world’s premier machine-learning and artificial-intelligence company in dairy. SomaDetect works with farmers to provide them with the information they want and need, to produce the best possible milk. We are a young and dynamic startup company that is opening a new office in Buffalo, NY. Our core product is an in-line sensor that measures every critical indicator of dairy quality (fat, protein, somatic cell counts, progesterone, and antibiotics) from every cow at every milking. It uses no consumables (no chemicals, no cartridges, no lost milk), is extremely quick (think seconds, not minutes), and accurate. We use a revolutionary sensor technology combined with cutting-edge computer vision and machine learning techniques to maximize the information obtained from each drop of milk. This helps dairy farmers to close the information gap, reduce the spread of disease, and optimize their farming activities. SomaDetect means better data for farmers, better milk for consumers and better lives for cows.