Machine Learning and Computer Vision Engineer
Product DevelopmentFull TimeFredericton, NB
We are looking for a Machine Learning and Computer Vision Engineer who will collaborate with a team of multidisciplinary engineers to tackle problems related to dairy data analysis. More specifically, the successful candidate will apply computer vision and machine learning fundamentals to real-world problems related to dairy data analysis. As an example, the selected candidate will work with real-time multiple sensor data, data acquisition and analysis. The succesful candidate will use deep learning on a fast GPU machine to facilitate the prediction and estimation operations. The position consists on a full development cycle where the successful candidate will design a test setup for emulating real-world conditions, develop algorithms to perform the required measurements, test it on the field and refine the product by learning and applying new algorithms.
- Develop computer vision algorithms that are efficient and robust.
- Work with other software and engineers to integrate algorithms into a complete product
- Develop algorithms and systems for 2D imaging, feature extraction, and sensor fusion
- Build tools and framework for multiple cameras and sensor calibration
- Evaluate new sensor models
- Apply machine learning on computer vision problems for image classification
- Minimum Qualifications Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- +2 years experience in the computer vision and machine learning field.
- Proficient programming skills in C/C++, Python and Matlab.
- Strong knowledge in multiple geometries in computer vision
- Experience in computer vision algorithms and 2D sensor data
- Experience with OpenCV and Deep Learning framework: TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Experience with machine learning algorithms related to classification and detection
- Experience with deep learning algorithms: CNN, RNN and LSTM
SomaDetect is the world’s premier machine-learning and artificial-intelligence company in dairy. SomaDetect works with farmers to provide them with the information they want and need, to produce the best possible milk. We are a young and dynamic startup company that is opening a new office in Buffalo, NY. Our core product is an in-line sensor that measures every critical indicator of dairy quality (fat, protein, somatic cell counts, progesterone, and antibiotics) from every cow at every milking. It uses no consumables (no chemicals, no cartridges, no lost milk), is extremely quick (think seconds, not minutes), and accurate. We use a revolutionary sensor technology combined with cutting-edge computer vision and machine learning techniques to maximize the information obtained from each drop of milk. This helps dairy farmers to close the information gap, reduce the spread of disease, and optimize their farming activities. SomaDetect means better data for farmers, better milk for consumers and better lives for cows.