- Design product based on specified requirements while maintaining structural integrity and taking into account how the product is to be shipped and assembled
- Provide project drawings on time per company drawing schedule
- Drawings to have all required disclaimers and notes, and shop drawings to have sufficient detail to allow fabrication with no questions or adjustments to the drawings
- Ensure that all drawings and designs meet all applicable codes and regulations
- Keep up to date with all applicable codes and regulations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design custom projects
- Draw standard and custom projects for client approval
- Research and explain codes and regulations to other staff members. May include training other staff on these codes and regulations
- Create product images as requested
- Design/draw parts and assemblies using CAD program
- Calculate load requirements
- Use computer-aided design/modelling software
- Undertake relevant research
- Testing, evaluating, modifying and re-testing products
- Writing reports and documentation
- Analysing and interpreting data.
- Use SolidWorks program efficiently and output drawings in a consistent manner on time, demonstrating effective use of the software
- Work on and/or manage R&D projects as requested
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Other tasks/duties as may be requested
The ideal candidate will:
- Understand structural engineering
- Have the ability to research codes and regulations.
- Have experience using SolidWorks CAD software effectively and efficiently.
- Be proficient using Microsoft Office.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Have good communication skills, both written and verbal.