The CAD Technologist is responsible for understanding codes and regulations relevant to the products Skyline Group sells, designing custom product configurations where required, and drawing all product approval drawings.
A qualified candidate should understand structural engineering and have the ability to research codes and regulations. Experience and training in SolidWorks software, proficiency in Microsoft Office, excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Design product based on specified requirements while maintaining structural integrity and taking into account how the product is to be shipped and assembled
- Provide project drawings on time per company drawing schedule
- Research and explain codes and regulations to other staff members.
- Create product images as requested
- Design/draw parts and assemblies using CAD program
- Calculate load requirements
- Use computer-aided design/modelling software
- Undertake relevant research
- Testing, evaluating, modifying and re-testing products
- Writing reports and documentation
- Analyzing and interpreting data.
- Using SolidWorks program efficiently to output drawings in a consistent and timely manner.
- Work on and/or manage R&D projects as requested
The ideal candidate will:
- Understand structural engineering
- Have the ability to research codes and regulations.
- Have experience using SolidWorks CAD software effectively and efficiently.
- Be proficient using Microsoft Office.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care