Operations & Procurement Manager
Skyline Group is looking for a Operations & Procurement Manager with proven experience who will be responsible for the management of the Warehousing, Manufacturing, Buying/Regular Purchasing, and Customer Service
A qualified candidate will be able to lead and motivate a team while remaining organized and paying close attention to detail. They will have a make-it-happen attitude, with a strong focus on ensuring a happy customer and seamless buying experience.
- Manage the Customer Service Department
- Setup & Manage Subcontracted Warehousing & Order Fulfilment
- Ensure that product leaves the warehouse attractively packaged.
- Ensure that orders leaving the warehouse arrive right the first time, in the manner agreed, and as the customer understood.
- Manage Subcontract Manufacturing
- Prepare packing slips and arrange for outbound and inbound shipping.
- Manage all import and export including paperwork, shipping, and arrangements.
- Manage product inventory levels.
- Complete all inventory purchasing.
- Create purchase orders in QuickBooks.
- Approve invoices and contest them as required.
- Select and review vendors.
- Manage custom projects and welding including gaining and maintaining CWB certification if required.
- Manage manufacturing of standard stock product.
- R&D – source products for custom projects and/or R&D projects and be involved in brainstorming.
- Track and approve hours for direct reports.
- Ensuring that the company hits its shipping targets.
- Provide feedback to upper management on staffing issues, requirements, and reviews.
- Create new systems and procedures for the operations department, considering how these systems affect the rest of the company, and proposing these systems and procedures to upper management for approval.
- Implement ERP
- General warehouse maintenance
- Ensure operations procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure the safety of the workplace and the workers.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for department planning – in terms of company growth.
Job Type: Full-time