Email Marketing Specialist
Account StrategyFull TimeToronto, ON
About the Job
Shoelace is adding email to the services it offers its growing customer base of over 400 DTC brands. In this role, you’ll leverage your 2+ years of experience in digital marketing and particularly, your experience in email marketing to help launch email to Shoelace client base. Specifically, you will help Shoelace sell “email management services” into its client base and to new clients.
The person in this role will be responsible for 1. Helping to work across teams and managers to inform and facilitate the launching the email management service to customers and then 2. Executing that service for customers.
Facilitate the growth of the Service
- Collaborate with internal stakeholder, primarily our sales team to drive the growth of this service, including helping our sales and account managers acquire, retain and expand our client base
- Help to inform, push towards, track and report on revenue targets
Execute the Service
- Once launched, we will expect this individual to manage the clients who purchase the services. This will include:
- Aligning with the Account Strategist and client on the email strategy to be executed
- Build and execute email marketing strategies while ensuring continuous optimization in performance through testing (creative, copy, send times, segmentation etc.)
- Help oversee and feedback on client’s maintenance, security, and integrity of several email databases
Eventually, you will have too many accounts to manage on your own and the expectation will be to help to hire and train other individuals in this role.
- Must have 2+ years email marketing experience, preferably in the DTC ecommerce space managing Klaviyo, and/or other reputable email providers (Campaign Monitor, Hubspot, Mailchimp etc.)
- Minimum 1 year experience using analytics or attribution platforms like Google Analytics, with a proven results and data-driven mindset
- Proven results in customer lifecycle management, retention, customer segmentation, and loyalty marketing
- Proficiency using email lists, segmentation and email marketing platforms and data analytics platforms (ex. Google Analytics, Data Studio)
- You are articulate. You have strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Some experience with HTML/CSS is a plus
- Some experience in paid media (Facebook, Google, Pinterest, Tiktok etc.) are also highly considered
Shoelace helps over 400 D2C brands, retailers and other merchants grow their businesses by building and optimizing ads across Facebook, Instagram and other platforms. We leverage technology which enables us to do the same work an agency might do but more efficiently and therefore for less cost. It’s a simple concept, we’ve developed a reputation for doing it well and our customers love us. As such, we’re growing (really quickly.)
Succeeding at Shoelace
As a team, we put an emphasis on hiring people who are highly accountable and actually enjoy doing the work, instead of constantly worrying about their next move. Because most of us work remotely, our employees tend to let their work speak for itself. This focus on output means that once you’ve put in a day that you are proud of, we prefer you to unplug and go live your life.
For the right person, this balance is amazing but may feel different than a typical startup or agency. If you prefer to jump from project to project or fill your days with meetings, you may find yourself frustrated here. However, if you are accountable, empathetic, kind and looking for a place where you can build a career for the long term, we’d love to hear from you. This is especially true if your background, identity, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity or anything else that makes you unique will add to the variety of voices here at Shoelace.
To learn more about Shoelace, please take a look at our Employee Handbook
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $70,000 Canadian Dollars
Location: Remote or Toronto head office