Senior Product Designer
ProductFull TimeToronto, ON
About the Job
Shoelace has recently rolled out a new product called Motion. It helps marketers better understand which ad creatives are working best and why. Motion has been in private beta with a handful of high quality marketers. We have developed the conviction we needed to invest in taking the product to market in 2021.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Product Designer to lead the effort in building Motion into a mature product. This project is in a sweet spot where it has been validated but is still nascent enough for you to have a significant impact on its direction and growth. Your responsibilities will include:
- Taking broad, conceptual ideas and turning them into something useful and valuable for our rapidly growing customer base
- Designing user flows and experiences that are intuitive and simple to use
- Product innovation through rapid prototyping / wireframing and iterations
- Using data to push product forward and solve user flow challenges
- Researching and studying to stay abreast of industry trends and movements
- Being a product advocate who can champion our vision to users and our team
Our ideal candidate has:
- Previous experience in building and shipping applications/software at scale and iterating over time
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative UX process, including wire-framing, prototyping, user research, and design systems
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just ‘how it should look’ but ‘what we should build’ and ‘how we will know customers love it’)
- High fidelity UI & interaction design abilities that can be demonstrated through a current portfolio of projects
- Experience with modern design tools (Sketch, Figma, Invision, Abstract, etc)
- Empathy towards users
Shoelace helps over 400 D2C brands, retailers and other merchants grow their businesses by building and optimizing ads across Facebook, Instagram and other platforms. We leverage technology which enables us to do the same work an agency might do but more efficiently and therefore for less cost. It’s a simple concept, we’ve developed a reputation for doing it well and our customers love us. As such, we’re growing (really quickly.)
Succeeding at Shoelace
As a team, we put an emphasis on hiring people who are highly accountable and actually enjoy doing the work, instead of constantly worrying about their next move. Because most of us work remotely, our employees tend to let their work speak for itself. This focus on output means that once you’ve put in a day that you are proud of, we prefer you to unplug and go live your life.
For the right person, this balance is amazing but may feel different than a typical startup or agency. If you prefer to jump from project to project or fill your days with meetings, you may find yourself frustrated here. However, if you are accountable, empathetic, kind and looking for a place you can build a career for the long term, we’d love to hear from you. This is especially true if your background, identity, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity or anything else that makes you unique will add to the variety of voices here at Shoelace.
To apply to this role, please complete the steps in this application process. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Salary Range: $90,000 to $120,000