Business Development Representative
GrowthFull TimeToronto, ON
About the Job
Shoelace is growing and looking to add a Business Development Representative to our team. In this role, you’ll leverage your creative skills and driven nature to identify, connect and land meetings with growing ecommerce brands.
Working alongside our Go-to-Market team, you’ll be challenged to build your own pipeline as well as connect with a growing number of inbound leads to pitch Shoelace. You’re early enough in our growth to both execute our existing playbook, but also help build on it. We’ll support your growth in a number of ways and also give you a lot of autonomy to experiment.
What you’ll work on:
- Generate meetings for sales through the rapid response to and qualification of inbound leads
- Learn to effectively identify qualified leads, communicate Shoelace’s value proposition, and route opportunities properly to the direct sales team
- Engage and qualify new leads
- Find new potential areas of growth
- Be an ambassador of our product
- Spend time improving the role/process of a BDR
- A professional with 1-3 years of sales experience
- An exceptional communicator (verbal and written) who can break down complex concepts via email, phone, social media, etc
- Focused on the process over the outcome. You will develop and adjust processes to help you consistently hit/exceed targets
- Accountable: A reliable and dependable resource to clients, management and fellow team members
- Charismatic: Able to gain trust quickly with prospects
- Coachable with a strong work ethic: Able to be told something once and implement change - we are consistently evolving!
Shoelace helps over 400 D2C brands, retailers and other merchants grow their businesses by building and optimizing ads across Facebook, Instagram and other platforms. We leverage technology which enables us to do the same work an agency might do but more efficiently and therefore for less cost. It’s a simple concept, we’ve developed a reputation for doing it well and our customers love us. As such, we’re growing (really quickly.)
Succeeding at Shoelace
As a team, we put an emphasis on hiring people who are highly accountable and actually enjoy doing the work, instead of constantly worrying about their next move. Because most of us work remotely, our employees tend to let their work speak for itself. This focus on output means that once you’ve put in a day that you are proud of, we prefer you to unplug and go live your life.
For the right person, this balance is amazing but may feel different than a typical startup or agency. If you prefer to jump from project to project or fill your days with meetings, you may find yourself frustrated here. However, if you are accountable, empathetic, kind and looking for a place you can build a career for the long term, we’d love to hear from you. This is especially true if your background, identity, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity or anything else that makes you unique will add to the variety of voices here at Shoelace.
To apply to this role, please complete the steps in this application process. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000