Digital Media Buyer
Account StrategyFull TimeToronto, ON
*Internally we call this role Account Strategy, don't let the title deter you from applying*
About the Job
Shoelace is growing and looking to add a number of Digital Media Buyers to our team over the coming months. In this role, you’ll leverage your existing experience building and optimizing ad spend for merchants (particularly on Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google) to help them grow their businesses.
Working alongside our Account Strategy team, you’ll continue to add to your digital marketing skills and learn alongside many experts in the DTC space. We’ll support your growth but also give you a lot of autonomy to experiment and build your client’s business. In your day to day, you’ll be asked to:
- Own, build and execute ad strategies based on your customers’ unique performance needs
- Work independently and collaboratively, with focus on executing your best work
- Monitor, optimize and report on campaign performance to both the customer and team manager
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of new tools for building campaigns, audiences, conversion tracking, and other tools used to deliver results
- Establish strong client relationships through effective communication, providing great service and acting as a partner for their business
- Work closely with clients to manage expectations, answer questions, discuss, understand, and execute strategies
- Lead the charge of your client’s long term growth, with the ability to expand their performance through additional services or add-ons
- Work on internal projects to help achieve business goals and contribute wherever the team requires
- Participate in learning and development opportunities, including upskilling your technical expertise, client management skills and general knowledge of the ecommerce space
- This job requires 2-3+ years of digital advertising experience with an emphasis on either Facebook/Instagram or Google ad buying. Working knowledge of paid advertising or the Shopify ecosystem will be an advantage.
Shoelace helps over 400 D2C brands, retailers and other merchants grow their businesses by building and optimizing ads across Facebook, Instagram and other platforms. We leverage technology which enables us to do the same work an agency might do but more efficiently and therefore for less cost. It’s a simple concept, we’ve developed a reputation for doing it well and our customers love us. As such, we’re growing (really quickly.)
Succeeding at Shoelace
As a team, we put an emphasis on hiring people who are highly accountable and actually enjoy doing the work, instead of constantly worrying about their next move. Because most of us work remotely, our employees tend to let their work speak for itself. This focus on output means that once you’ve put in a day that you are proud of, we prefer you to unplug and go live your life.
For the right person, this balance is amazing but may feel different than a typical startup or agency. If you prefer to jump from project to project or fill your days with meetings, you may find yourself frustrated here. However, if you are accountable, empathetic, kind and looking for a place you can build a career for the long term, we’d love to hear from you. This is especially true if your background, identity, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity or anything else that makes you unique will add to the variety of voices here at Shoelace.
To apply to this role, please complete the steps in this application process. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $70,000