Ad OperationsFull TimeVictoria, BC
In 2018, SendtoNews was named the 17th fastest growing tech company in North America, recorded the largest increase in unique viewers in digital sports and saw over 3.7 billion video views. We are responsible for delivering premium brand safe content from over 75 sporting leagues and organizations like MLB, the NBA and the NFL and whitelist of 1600+ trusted publishers including USA Today, the LA Times and Chicago tribune to our advertising partners.
We help the biggest names in digital advertising deliver their message to the SendtoNews audience. Organizations like Fox Sports, SpotX, Oath, CBS and OpenX rely on SendtoNews to ensure that each impression is delivered and every KPI is fulfilled to an audience of over 30 million unique viewers per month. Not only that, we have been named named a Google Channel Partner, a status that no other company in Victoria shares
What does a career at STN mean for you? Gourmet doughnuts on Friday, team lunch on Tuesday, free Nespresso all day every day, and Olympic level gif usage in our Slack channels. More than that, SendtoNews offers you growth and opportunity. There is a steep learning curve, but those who adapt grow into roles far beyond where they started. We are expanding rapidly and need team members who punch above their weight.
If you can bring grit, dedication, curiosity, and excitement to our team, we want to hear from you.
The Traffic Manager role provides an excellent opportunity for the successful applicant to further their experience in the digital marketing industry. The SendtoNews Ad Operations team is responsible for architecting, activating and optimizing all digital media campaigns, both direct sold and programmatic, that run on our platform. The Traffic Manager will play a pivotal role in the effective and efficient execution of all SendtoNews campaigns and will work closely with advertising & media companies such as Google, USA Today, The National Post, and the LA Times.
You will be responsible for assisting publisher clients with ad sales opportunities, optimizing SendtoNews publisher placements and integrations, and will act as the ad ops team’s primary point of contact with the content and publisher success teams. A key area of ownership for this role is the creation and maintenance of processes between the ad ops team and the publisher and content departments.
The position will report to the Vice President of Ad Operations and will have extensive collaboration with all departments within STN.
This is a great opportunity to join an energized team and make an impact in driving the business forward.
- Act as ad ops liaison between content and distribution teams to provide and receive data and insights
- Oversee new publisher integrations
- Assist our publishing clients with their ad sales efforts
- Attend calls with external partners as required to provide support to publisher success representative
- Manage existing audience-based initiatives, our data management platform, and other SendtoNews audience data platforms
- Maintain publisher integration process to ensure our publishers are earning the most revenue possible
- Identify opportunities to increase revenue & overall profitability through optimization of SendtoNews ad inventory
- Optimize the inventory forecasting process, with assistance from content, distribution, and ad ops teams as required
- Ownership of all ad ops processes that interact with content and distribution arms of the business
- Self-starter with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, drive change through influence, and collaborate effectively with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders
- Excellent working knowledge of SalesForce, Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, and Google Docs
- General understanding of the structure of web pages & the internet itself
- Interpersonal and project management skills with demonstrated ability to build credibility, communicate technical and analytical insights to diverse audiences
- Passion for the creation, implementation, and optimization of processes
- Ability to manage deadlines and effectively prioritize in a fast-paced work environment
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience in a digital marketing position
- 2+ years working in an Account Management or management role, ideally in the digital marketing or technology industry
NICE TO HAVES
- Knowledge of sports both inside and outside North America is a plus
- 2+ years working in the digital marketing industry
- Understanding of the principles of ad serving, analytics, DSPs, and video specific advertising strategies is a plus
- If you’ve got experience with online ad serving systems such as Google Ad Manager, SpringServe, SpotX etc. - even better!
- Familiarity with common web development languages such as HTML5 and CSS a plus