Ad Operations Coordinator
Ad OperationsFull TimeVictoria, BC
In 2018, SendtoNews was named the 17th fastest growing tech company in North America, recorded the largest increase in unique viewers in digital sports and saw over 3.7 billion video views. We are responsible for delivering premium brand safe content from over 75 sporting leagues and organizations like MLB, the NBA and the NFL and whitelist of 1600+ trusted publishers including USA Today, the LA Times and Chicago tribune to our advertising partners.
We help the biggest names in digital advertising deliver their message to the SendtoNews audience. Organizations like Fox Sports, SpotX, Oath, CBS and OpenX rely on SendtoNews to ensure that each impression is delivered and every KPI is fulfilled to an audience of over 30 million unique viewers per month. Not only that, we have been named named a Google Channel Partner, a status that no other company in Victoria shares
What does a career at STN mean for you? Gourmet doughnuts on Friday, team lunch on Tuesday, free Nespresso all day every day, and Olympic level gif usage in our Slack channels. More than that, SendtoNews offers you growth and opportunity. There is a steep learning curve, but those who adapt grow into roles far beyond where they started. We are expanding rapidly and need team members who punch above their weight.
If you can bring grit, dedication, curiosity, and excitement to our team, we want to hear from you.
The Ad Operations Coordinator role provides an excellent opportunity for the successful applicant to become an expert in the online video advertising industry. The SendtoNews Ad Operations team is responsible for architecting, activating and optimizing all digital media campaigns, both direct sold and programmatic, that run on our platform. The Ad Operations Coordinator will play a pivotal role in the effective and efficient execution of all SendtoNews campaigns and will work closely with advertising & media companies such as Google, Fox Sports, and CBS.
You will be responsible for campaign reporting, assisting with ad platform management, optimizing revenue streams, and the management of campaign key performance indicators. A key area of ownership for this role is the creation and maintenance of processes for our direct sold campaigns, campaign management and communication with our direct advertisers.
The position will report to the Vice President of Ad Operations and will have extensive collaboration with all departments within STN.
This is a great opportunity to join an energized team and make an impact in driving the business forward.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to maximize departmental effectiveness through the creation of effective processes
- Segment and catalog the performance of video ad inventory to drive advertising effectiveness and create best practice guidelines for use by the content distribution team
- Manage ad platform health by working with brands/advertisers and advertising platform representatives to troubleshoot technical problems
- Oversee and optimize new publisher integrations within the SendtoNews publisher platform
- Working with external stakeholders to collect and implement advertising assets
- Highlight exceptional ad placements and campaign performance to assist the sales team in renewing existing business
- Approve and manage ad campaigns
- Create & deliver inventory forecasts to empower the sales team to win new business
- Assemble and evaluate data from internal and external (i.e. comScore and Google Ad Manager) reporting systems and:
- Report on ad campaigns results, KPIs, and revenue
- Highlight trends, and opportunities for optimization
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders on campaign performance and pacing
- Self-starter with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, drive change through influence, and collaborate effectively with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, and Google Docs
- General understanding of the structure of web pages & the internet itself
- Interpersonal and project management skills with demonstrated ability to build credibility, communicate technical content, and analytical insights to diverse audiences
- Passion for the creation, implementation, and optimization of processes
- Detail-oriented and ability to manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience in a digital marketing position
NICE TO HAVES
- Knowledge of sports both inside and outside North America is a plus
- Understanding of the principles of ad serving, analytics, DSPs, and video specific advertising strategies is a plus
- If you’ve got experience with online ad serving systems such as DFP, AppNexus, SpotX etc. - even better!
- Experience with Airtable, Zapier and project management software a plus
- Familiarity with common web development languages such as HTML5 and CSS a plus