Senior Product Manager
OperationsFull TimeNorth America, Remote
STN Video is seeking a talented technical Senior Product Manager to drive the lifecycle of STN's suite of digital products. You will expertly liaise between our publishers and cross-functionally with our internal teams, exercising a range of intuitive, elevated EQ skills to support these relationships. The Product Manager contributes to the overall vision, development and success of STN’s product, propelling the vision into a successful launch.
WHO WE ARE
STN Video (formerly SendtoNews) is an award-winning (and North America’s largest) online video distribution platform that supplies online publishers with premium content, advanced player technology and unparalleled monetization. STN's video solution is used by over 1,800 publishers and hundreds of premium content providers. Our partners include The New York Post, Tribune Publishing, The Arena Group, MLB, Google, Condé Nast, Dotdash Meredith, Bloomberg, The Associated Press, the NFL, the NBA and many more.
WHO YOU ARE
The successful candidate has:
- A relevant Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Economics, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience;
- 7+ years of Product Management or Project Management experience in a tech company; and
- Experience building out software products at scale, using both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Strong ability to own and drive roadmap initiatives from ideation, launch, and continuous improvement in a virtual environment;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work across multiple projects and collaborate with multiple teams;
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts in verbal and written forms to cross functional audiences both internally and externally;
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a “can-do” attitude
“NICE TO HAVES”
- Experience in Ad Tech;
- Scrum Master Certification;
- History of working with various publishing Content Management Systems (WordPress, ARC, TownNews, etc.);
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence) and other project manager tools such as Clickup, Figma, Lucid Chart; and
- Knowledge of a business intelligence platform such as Tableau or mySQL
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As a Product Manager at STN Video, you will:
- Ensure that STN Video’s Product Suite drives business value to propel sales, improve efficiency and promote an exceptional partner experience;
- Continually assess short, mid and long-term market trends, remain knowledgeable of the competitive landscape and disseminate this knowledge across STN Video;
- Operate as an advocate for our publishers and end-users, by understanding their needs and making sure they remain top of mind throughout the entirety of the product development process;
- Identify goals, metrics and analytics to determine product value;
- Research and build user stories, product scopes and business cases to help determine our strategic product roadmap, while maintain a clean product backlog;
- Translate technical issues into concepts and actions which can be understood by a wider audience across all levels at STN Video;
- Collaborate in standups, iterative planning sessions, partner interviews, product demos and review/retrospectives, partnering with Development and cross functional teams to define and deliver industry leading products;
- Assist in the development of customer-facing documentation (How-Tos, FAQs and implementation guides) and internal and external product releases;
- Make product decisions that drive value, take ownership and deliver on objectives while remaining accountability for the results.
WHAT WE’LL ACCOMPLISH TOGETHER
Together as a high-performing, collaborative team, we will:
- Work strategically to help our partners develop and deliver industry-leading, online video experiences while maximizing revenues for STN and our partners;
- Create a premium advertiser environment through a premier video implementation experience; and
- Exceed STN’s growth targets for 2023 and beyond!
WHAT A CAREER AT STN VIDEO CAN OFFER YOU
A career at STN offers you a roadmap for growth and opportunity. You’ll join a collaborative, fun environment where we value curiosity, diligence, humility, and integrity. STN employees have always been empowered to work from home, in the office or a comfortable combination of both at any time. We also get that life happens between the hours of 9-5, so our flexible work environment gives our people the chance to handle issues as they arise. The Company also offers unlimited vacation time, and an extensive benefits package with 100% of the insurance premiums covered. STN holds company strategic sessions where all employees are brought together for team-building and a 100% transparent and collaborative look at our status and direction of the company.
STN Video is a proud supporter of Equal Opportunity Employment. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.