Business Development Manager - Content
Content DevFull TimeNorth America, Remote
North America, Remote
STN Video (formerly SendtoNews) is an award-winning (and North America’s largest!) video distribution platform. Using the STN video platform, publishers can easily deliver official video to their readers. In addition to providing a brand-safe environment for advertisers, STN lets content providers connect with new audiences they wouldn’t be able to access otherwise.
With up to 5000 new videos every day, STN's video solution is used by over 1,900 publishers and hundreds of premium content providers. STN’s partners include the NY Post, Chicago Tribune, MLB, Google, Variety, Bloomberg, AP, Rolling Stone, the NFL, NBA and many more. As the Business Development Manager, you’ll be working closely with many of these organizations.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
We're searching for a bright, passionate, hard-working Business Development Manager to support our growth. Industry relationships (in DOOH, OTT, CTV) will be vital for successful BD candidates.
You will support key publisher business development efforts at STN Video; identifying, targeting and closing long term strategic and sustainable win/win partnerships for STN Video:
- Drive new publisher business for STN’s online video platform, including researching, prospecting, pitching, negotiating and closing partnership deals in DOOH, CTV, OTT and with publishers throughout North America.
- Partner closely with the onboarding team to successfully bring these new publishers and providers of DOOH, CTV OTT this new publisher into the STN family.
- Manage pipeline from lead generation to closing new publishers and partners in DOOH, CTV, OTT publishers, including working with existing opportunities and new accounts you have researched and prospected
- Utilize all STN tools, including SalesForce, to properly report, track and maximize ROI on publisher closing rate
- Work closely with multiple internal groups including marketing, legal, technology teams to improve new publisher acquisition strategy.
With STN, there are no cold calls in the publishing industry, only warm calls based on our established reputation and success helping other publishers to thrive in digital video. You will drive a process to move large potential partnerships along the sales funnel - executing on all aspects of a playbook that you have created to ensure maximum customer satisfaction and revenue generation. You’ll experience firsthand that a strong understanding of the unique decision process of each partner will be the key to your success.
WHAT YOU BRING ALONG
- You’ll have great curiosity to deepen your knowledge of STN Video and the digital video publishing and ad tech industries we serve. You are hungry to deliver against high growth targets.
- You’ll bring dedication and creativity which will allow you to navigate a complex BD cycle using a high-trust consultative sales approach. You will have a solid history of collaboration and succeeding in a team environment gathering all necessary internal resources;
- Track record of consistently meeting/exceeding new business and revenue targets.
- You are a seasoned business development professional with digital media/marketing, publisher distribution, ad sales, video platform or relevant SaaS experience.
- You bring 5+ years of experience in the business development space.
- You are familiar with CRMs such as Salesforce to efficiently to track and manage your performance and use KPIs to continually improve results;
- You’re a strategic thinker and strong communicator capable of closing deals with major media organizations;
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills;
- Strong analytical and strategic abilities - team player with a growth mindset and drive to win
WHAT WE WILL ACCOMPLISH TOGETHER
- We will continue to build upon the rapid growth that STN video has seen over the past 6 years.
- We will further strengthen STN’s industry-leading roster of publishing partners and channel providers for DOOH, OTT and CTV by providing a best in class video platform that delivers amazing technology, the best content in the industry, and substantial ad revenues;
- We’ll work strategically to help our partners develop and deliver industry-leading online video experiences;
- We will build STN video into the world’s online video platform.
WHAT A CAREER AT STN VIDEO CAN OFFER YOU
A career at STN offers you a roadmap for growth and opportunity. You’ll join a collaborative, fun environment where we value curiosity, diligence, humility, and integrity. STN recognizes that employees are most productive when they feel safe and healthy. All STN employees have always been empowered to work from home, in the office or a comfortable combination of both at any time. We also get that life happens between the hours of 9-5, so our flexible work environment gives our people the chance to handle issues as they arise. The Company also offers unlimited vacation time, and an extensive benefits package with 100% of the insurance premiums covered. Twice a year, we hold company strategic sessions where every employee is brought to beautiful Victoria, British Columbia for a week of team-building and a 100% transparent and collaborative look at our status and direction.
TN Video is a proud supporter of Equal Opportunity Employment. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.