Director of Publisher Success
Distribution/Publisher SuccessFull TimeNorth America, Remote
North America, Remote
WHO WE ARE
STN Video (formerly SendtoNews) is an award-winning (and North America’s largest) online video distribution platform. Using the STN video platform, Publishers can easily deliver a fully-configurable video experience to their readers while maximizing revenue opportunities. In addition to providing a brand-safe environment for advertisers, STN lets Content providers connect with new audiences they wouldn’t otherwise be able to readily access.
With up to 5000 new videos every day and a library of over 2 million current videos, STN's video solution is used by over 2,000 publishers and hundreds of premium content providers. Our partners include The New York Post, Tribune Publishing, The Arena Group, MLB, Google, Condé Nast, Dotdash Meredith, Bloomberg, The Associated Press, the NFL, the NBA and many more.
STN Video is seeking a naturally consultative Account Management and Business Development professional! You’ll own a number of STN’s largest and most strategic Publisher accounts, helping them to drive revenue and improve user experience through industry leading video strategies. You will collaborate with the VP of Publisher Success on department strategies and account management best practices, and you will continue to grow STN’s presence amongst marquis digital publishers.
WHO YOU ARE
Do you wake up in the morning excited to go to work? Do you have notable sales chops? Thrive on building relationships and driving growth? Are you a team player willing to do what it takes to achieve success? Great!
The successful candidate for this role:
- Is a seasoned professional, rising star who thrives running partnerships and working with executives and CEOs;
- Has crushed prior revenue and sales targets;
- Can effectively manage a pipeline of opportunities within a CRM (such as Salesforce) to create accountability for themselves and visibility for leadership ;
- Is a proven strategic seller, able to navigate complex deals and bring together cross functional teams to win a deal;
- Can create creative solutions for customers leveraging a deep understanding of Publisher’s commercial goals;
- Is a strong communicator capable of closing deals all the way up to the C-Level of major media organizations;
- Is a confident, fast learner who leans into learning new technologies and ideas;
- Possesses innate dedication and creativity which will allow navigation within a complex sales cycle;
- Has digital media, ad tech or video platform experience (or a deep, deep desire to learn with a high-level of intellectual curiosity);
- Displays a great sense of curiosity to deepen knowledge of STN Video, and the digital video and ad tech industries; and
- Is relentless in efforts to build a pipeline and expand business.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As the “face” of STN Video to some of North America's most sought-after Digital Publishers, you will:
- Play a part in developing and refining the department's strategy;
- Take a lead in growing our largest and most iconic publisher accounts;
- Conduct business development efforts with assigned publishers to grow STN’s presence across their digital properties;
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Publisher Success and others cross-functionally to generate and maintain premium placements of the STN Video platform;
- Contribute to STN’s strategic account management process. Work alongside the Vice President of Publisher Success to refine department processes and best practices ;
- Remain dedicated to our publishers’ audience acquisition efforts, dynamic growth, and monetization goals;
- Smartly engage our publisher partners while leveraging our full suite of services, and increase user acquisition as a trusted and intuitive advisor; and
- Travel periodically to conferences, trade shows, and meetings to represent the STN video platform to the digital publishing industry.
WHAT WE’LL ACCOMPLISH TOGETHER
Together as a high-performing, perpetually collaborative team, we will:
- Extend STN’s viewership across our largest and most strategic publisher partnerships by identifying and executing opportunities to further implement the STN platform across our partner digital properties;
- Work strategically to help our partners develop and deliver industry-leading, online video experiences while maximizing revenues for STN and our partners;
- Create a premium advertiser environment through a premier, best-practice video implementation experience; and
- Exceed STN’s growth targets for 2023 and beyond!
WHAT A CAREER AT STN VIDEO CAN OFFER YOU
A career at STN offers you a roadmap for growth and opportunity. You’ll join a collaborative, fun environment where we value curiosity, diligence, humility, and integrity. STN recognizes that employees are most productive when they feel safe and healthy. All STN employees have always been empowered to work from home, in the office or a comfortable combination of both at any time. We also get that life happens between the hours of 9-5, so our flexible work environment gives our people the chance to handle issues as they arise. The Company also offers unlimited vacation time, and an extensive benefits package with 100% of the insurance premiums covered.
Twice a year, we hold company strategic sessions where every employee is brought to beautiful Victoria, British Columbia for a week of team-building and a 100% transparent and collaborative look at our status and direction.
STN Video is a proud supporter of Equal Opportunity Employment. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.