Machine Learning Engineer
Development Operations Full TimeNorth America, Remote
STN is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our development team to accelerate the development of ML solutions across the company. The ideal candidate will work with internal stakeholders, data scientists, business intelligence analysts and product development to build tools that rely on machine learning to gain insights and create high-impact business solutions. You will use your skills to translate models created by data scientists into systems and features that take advantage ofSTNs vast amounts of data to provide both internal and external customers with machine learning-driven functionality.
- Work in collaboration with customers across the organization and the Engineering Team to plan, scope, implement and sustain predictive analytics solutions.
- Extract Transform and Load data from various data sources and use that data to build out data model features and develop systems to serve data models in production
- Architect, design and evaluate new approaches to deploy and sustain models in production including measurement and feedback systems
- Design, develop and enforce best practices and standards around data engineering
- Apply AI/ML methods to massive data sets including real-time streaming data sets
- Navigate between traditional software development and machine learning implementations.
- Participate in project planning and stakeholder education
- Iterate on our machine learning infrastructure to ensure it continues to be robust and scalable.
- Build, validate, and deploy machine learning solutions that will help improve revenue and engage with end users
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, statistics or other related field.
- 3+ years experience working in machine learning and data engineering environments using Python or Java and associated data science/machine learning packages.
- 3+ years of experience with relational databases.
- Experience with cloud infrastructures, preferably AWS.
- A strong sense of ownership and a persistent desire to grow and lead beyond the scope of your current role
- Advanced working SQL knowledge
- Demonstrated ability working with large and complex datasets
- Experience with performance tuning and code optimization
- Work with agile teams to participate in planning and design sessions that impact your active projects
- Drive system architecture from a ML perspective
- Experience with statistical machine learning algorithms or deep learning algorithms
- Build production-ready, scalable and testable applications fuelled by data and machine learning
- A track record of making things better and leading solutions that remove technical pain points and facilitate growth
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience with data analysis tool sets in the AWS Ecosystem (Amazon SageMaker)
- Experience leading teams of engineers to accomplish a shared technical vision
- Experience with reporting and visualization tools such as Google DataStudio, Microsoft PowerBI, and Amazon QuickSight would be an asset.
- Experience in the following: statistics, natural language understanding, natural language processing, and/or recommendation systems.