Employee Benefits Group Account Manager
Group BenefitsFull TimeLondon, ON
The Employee Benefits Group Account Manager is responsible for the oversight and ongoing management of assigned client accounts. This position coordinates with support staff to facilitate the implementation of new or renewing accounts to ensure the highest level of service is met. In addition, the Account Manager will maintain the ongoing client relationship and identify trends in service issues and develop corrective action plans that will positively improve the client’s ability to manage their benefit plans.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Matching retirement plan
- A flexible and collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- Communicate effectively and courteously to clients, employees, and carriers regarding benefit plans, renewal information, and plan & vendor options
- Market and analyze benefits and rates for all lines of coverage
- Engage clients to gather information about their insurance needs, discuss existing coverage, and provide customized insurance solutions
- Oversee vendor changes where required including ensuring that enrolment materials are prepared and distributed to the client. Receive and process enrolment/application materials with the new vendor and keep the client abreast of timelines to ensure alignment on expectations.
- Ensure high levels of service delivery to client accounts including, but not limited to:
- Assist as needed to respond to any service needs of clients following enrollment.
- Highest quality customer service with every effort to exceed the customer’s expectations
- Provide 24 Hour response time to customer calls and resolve problems within one business day where possible.
- Provide status update to client if unable to resolve issue fully within 1 business days.
- Provide responses or resolution to all client requests regarding enrollment issues including ordering ID cards, processing enrollment forms, checking enrollment status, answering questions.
- Educate client and enrollees about their group’s benefit plans, coverage, copays, coinsurance and /or deductibles.
- Manage and grow existing book of business and identify cross selling opportunities
- Research and resolve all claims and billing problems.
- Foster strong and lasting relationships with client key contacts that ensure persistency of accounts.
- Attend relevant internal and external continuing education seminars and trainings
- Provide Account Management backup for the team when necessary
- Respond to Request for Proposals (RFP); coordinate and present in finalist meetings as it relates to existing clients
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission and values of the company
- Excellent, professional communication skills, ability to articulate technical information in lay terms and good listening skills
- Group presentation skills
- Ability to successfully and creatively problem solve and negotiate solutions
- Ability to organize and prioritize is essential
- At least five years in an account management position/ service position in the health/ benefits industry
- Proficient in MS Office (high level spread sheeting required)
- Ability to attend off-site client meetings
- GBA Designation
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in Selectpath, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Selectpath is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors.
Upon request, Selectpath will make accommodations available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.