Front End Developer
DevelopmentFull TimeSydney, NS
Front End Developer
JOB ID: Securicy-FWD-001
Cyber attacks and data breaches are now a huge threat to the bottom line of small and medium-sized enterprises (SME). Organizations need to have cybersecurity practices in place and demonstrate that they are strictly followed. If they don’t they are at risk of losing valuable business opportunities, or worse, witnessing the massive damage a breach can cause to their brand.
At Securicy our mission is to deliver a web-based platform that enables organizations to efficiently implement, maintain, and demonstrate that they have strong cybersecurity practices in place. Our success is in building tools to provide services that help our clients be successful. Joining Securicy means that you are walking into a company that values open and honest communication as well as fresh perspectives and different backgrounds. If you’re the type of person who has a desire to solve problems, share your ideas, and deliver results you will feel at home with Securicy.
We are currently searching for Software Developers in Senior and Junior levels to join our rapidly growing team. This is an opportunity to join an experienced team that is focused on delivering the first version of a new entry in the Information Security Market. If you’ve got the chops and want to make your mark on a startup then this role may be a great fit for you.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 5 years of professional software development experience
- Experience leading a large development project from concept to production
- Ability to work remotely as well as in-office at our headquarters in Sydney, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
OUR DEVELOPMENT PRINCIPLES
- We like automated testing and encourage TDD whenever possible
- We like kanban-style continuous releases
- We like code reviews and refactoring
- We like static analysis tools and automated code quality checks
- We spend the time to write our code correctly and defensively
- We have regular lunch and learn sessions to discuss development techniques and principles
- We have regular development retrospectives to discuss our processes and principles and strive for continuous improvement and refinement
- Ruby on Rails 5.2
- Ruby 2.6
- RSpec 3.8
- PostgreSQL 11
- AWS, including EC2, RDS, S3, ELB, etc.
- Redis 3.2
- ES6 via Webpack
- Stimulus 1.0
- Github (https://github.com/cybersecuricy)
- Travis CI
- macOS to go, Linux to show
OUR WORK ENVIRONMENT
At Securicy you will find an open and supportive environment that values and respects different perspectives and experiences. People with a desire to help other people and deliver results thrive in our organization.
This role offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, health and dental benefits, vacation, and sick days.
We also believe in a proper work-life balance. We try very hard to put processes into place to help ensure our developers aren’t on call 24-7 and aren’t working on weekends or pulling insane amounts of overtime. We have only rarely had to ask for developers to do some overtime during a crunch or pull out the stops on weekends, and very rarely do we ever need to respond to late-night emergencies.