Information Security Leader
Customer SuccessFull TimeRemote Eastern/Atlantic Time Zones/Canada
Information Security Leader
We’re currently searching for an experienced and driven individual to join our team in the role of Information Security Leader. The successful candidate will work remotely from a location in North America.
In this role, you will report to our VP of Customer Success and work directly with our customers to help them enhance their security posture and achieve their information security goals and objectives. To be successful in this role you will have a strong command of information security best practices for technology organizations. You will also be empathetic to the challenges experienced by high-growth technology firms as they strive to meet and exceed the security requirements of their customers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interacting with customers to discover and define security requirements.
- Translating complex security framework requirements into practical and readable policies, tasks and control activities.
- Analyzing customer operations for gaps against various information security frameworks and standards
- Keeping on top of changes to existing frameworks and standards
- Writing additional helpful content to assist customers in the implementation and maintenance of an information security program
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Taking on additional responsibilities as the company scales and being challenged by the VP of Customer Success as deemed appropriate for your development in your role.
- Taking on responsibilities such as project management and service delivery management of advisory services, penetration testing and other professional services.
- Providing detailed and accurate sales forecasting
Our work environment
At Securicy, you will find an open and supportive environment that values work/life balance and respects different perspectives and experiences. People with a desire to help other people and deliver results thrive in our organization.
Our mission is to provide organizations with the technology, structure, and guidance to ingrain privacy and security by design. We enable organizations to be transparent and build trust from formation through all stages of growth.
Work Hours & Benefits
Securicy is a fully remote organization that appreciates the quality of life benefits of working from home. We have flexible working hours, as well as allotted vacation and health maintenance time. Team members enjoy comprehensive healthcare benefits, fully-funded professional development opportunities, and memberships to professional organizations.
- Experience or familiarity with several information security frameworks and standards such as ISO 27001, NIST CSF, NIST 800-171, SOC2, and more.
- CISSP, equivalent experience or clear path to achieving certification by an applicable security institution
Core skills and experience:
- 5 years of working in information security
- Ability to interpret and apply theory into practice.
- Outstanding written communication skills.
- Written and oral fluency in English is paramount.
- A strong understanding of information security is a must.
- Willingness to seek opportunities to improve our platform and services
- Display clear motivation about collaborating and communicating closely with other teams and stakeholders.
- Be willing to collaborate with teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from their knowledge and experience.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be prepared to give feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be a continuous learner and pursue self-improvement opportunities.
- Stay motivated about and remain current on industry trends and research in application, cybersecurity and information security.
Ready to see if this role is a fit for you?
To apply, please click the “Apply Now” button to share your resume (.pdf), Linkedin profile and any additional relevant information with our team. We’ll then review your application and get in touch with the next steps.
More About Securicy:
High-growth companies use the Securicy platform to implement information security practices that win business.
It is becoming increasingly difficult for organizations to function in today’s technological world without having proper plans for data security. Enterprise organizations lead this charge, as they will not work with vendors who can’t prove their data to be secure. Startups and growing companies are losing major deals to inaccurate or insufficient answers to confusing security questionnaires. Plus, the cyber-attack and data breach risks they leave themselves vulnerable to.
Our web-based software enables organizations to efficiently implement, maintain and demonstrate a strong information security program. Securicy's software has navigated companies through the complex security requirements of major players like Microsoft, Netflix, National Bank, Target and more.