Director of Communications and Content
MarketingFull TimeRemote Eastern/Atlantic Time Zones/Canada
Director of Communications and Content
We’re currently searching for an experienced and driven marketing leader to join our team as the Director of Communications and Content! This remote role will work with team members throughout the Atlantic and East Coast time zones and will report to the VP Marketing.
In this role, the Director of Communications and Content will drive the “voice” of Securicy, establishing our expertise, humanity, and innovation using clear language, a deep understanding of our customers’ pain points and goals, and a no-Bullshit style.
You and your team will be responsible for increasing Securicy’s brand recognition through the thought leadership, friendly guidance, and accessible expertise that underpin Securicy’s value proposition. The successful candidate will understand how content and communications directly fuel demand, manage and measure against quantifiable results, and deliver high-quality data analysis to inform strategic direction.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Setting a corporate communications strategy that differentiates us against a crowded and well-funded competitive field
- Developing & executing strategic content marketing plans that increase inbound marketing
- Understanding our target personas and designing innovative content marketing strategies that reach them
- Working with our thought leaders to identify new themes for both content and public relations
- Managing our public relations agency and strategy
- Working with the sales and product marketing to develop and deliver the required content to support the “Buyer’s Journey”
- Working with the Digital Marketing Strategist to plan content themes, distribution strategies, and optimization using SEO best practices
- Progressing Securicy’s social media strategy to raise overall awareness
- Developing a content calendar, coordinating with key team members and ensure deadlines are met
The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter who enjoys regular team collaboration while thriving in a primarily autonomous day-to-day work environment.
Our work environment
At Securicy, you will find an open and supportive environment that values work/life balance and respects different perspectives and experiences. People with a desire to help other people and deliver results thrive in our organization.
Our mission is to provide organizations with the technology, structure, and guidance to ingrain privacy and security by design. We enable organizations to be transparent and build trust from formation through all stages of growth.
Work Hours & Benefits
Securicy is a fully remote organization that appreciates the quality of life benefits of working from home. We have flexible working hours, as well as allotted vacation and health maintenance time. Team members enjoy comprehensive healthcare benefits, fully-funded professional development opportunities, and memberships to professional organizations.
Qualifications, Skills, and Attributes
- Clear, crisp, and concise writing
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent editing and proof-reading skills
- Leadership skills and the ability to encourage teamwork
- Well-versed in social media
- Strong organization skills with keen attention to detail
- Expertise in writing for the web, A/B Testing
Tools we use (experience a plus, but not required):
- WordPress/Medium for website and blogging
- LinkedIn/Twitter for social media
- Hubspot marketing automation platform
- SEMrush for SEO/marketing research
- Basecamp for tasks/project management
- Google Docs/Spreadsheets for content creation
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 5-10 years of experience working in B2B Software in a communications or content role (ideally both)
- Proven experience planning and executing thought leadership campaigns that establish credibility and initiate conversation
- Deep understanding of search engine optimization strategies
- History of building out strong, metrics-driven teams
- Full-time position working remotely
Ready to see if this role is a fit for you?
To apply, please click the “Apply Now” button to share your resume (.pdf), Linkedin profile and any additional relevant information with our team. We’ll then review your application and get in touch with the next steps.