Ruby on Rails Developer
Software & ITFull TimeNorth York, ON
Second Bind is an easy-to-use online and offline service for students to sell and donate used textbooks. Started in 2010, Second Bind is a Canadian-based company that provides the quickest way to support students to make a profit from the high cost of their educational books. More than a textbook buy-back service, Second Bind embraces a circular economy to reduce, re-use and donate books. As a part of our sustainability initiative, we plant a tree for every book a student sells. Through our service, we encourage students to be environmentally-friendly.
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer for managing our current projects and any future developments. You will be responsible for integrating the backend and front end elements on Second Bind's website.
- Design, build and maintain scalable yet efficient ruby code
- New API integration and optimizing current APIs
- Implement new libraries and data storage solutions
- Creation and Organization of current and future Project elements (Front-end and Back-end) while maintaining code quality
- Relational Database
- Identify bugs and propose an efficient solution
- Bachelors in computer science or software engineering, or equivalent qualifications.
- At least 2 years of experience in Ruby on Rails
- Must be hardworking and interested to work in cutting edge web technologies
- Must possess excellent programming & analytical skills
- Understanding of databases, algorithms and programming concepts
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- API Integration
- Relational Databases
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
All qualified applicants will be notified for an interview once we review the applications.