DevelopmentPart TimeCalgary, AB
Do you know your way around WordPress and WooCommerce? Do you excel at making the hard to understand easy? Does writing about eCommerce platforms, web development, and hosting sound like a good time to you?
If you answered yes to the above, then we have the perfect role for you!
Who we are
Saucal is a web development partner for eCommerce businesses. We build, enhance, and maintain online stores and extensions powered by the most popular eCommerce platform: WooCommerce for WordPress. We are certified WooCommerce experts and WordPress VIP Partners. Our team is made up of some of the best online store builders in the world, all of them process-driven, creative problem solvers. How good are we? WooCommerce uses us to help them with their products.
Our clients are digitally savvy brands that either don’t have the necessary inhouse talent they need or whose awesome team is already stretched to its capacity (sometimes beyond). We integrate seamlessly with any team to give our customers the best experience and help them thrive. We bring process to random, order to chaos, and calm to overwhelm.
Why do we choose WooCommerce? Because we believe in Open Source. Building on any other platform is way too risky. We believe your platform shouldn’t be in control of your store. You should. And because WooCommerce is open source, our customers always own the keys to their website.
Plus, some of the best web store developers in the world contribute to the WooCommerce core. Including us. Because so many great minds have come together around the goal of building the best ecommerce platform possible, it is more robust than other offerings. And we know it better than almost anyone else.
So, does Open Source make your heart beat a little faster? Does being part of an excellent team always striving to be better get you excited to jump out of bed in the morning?
If so, please apply. We’d love to meet you!
What you’ll do
- Must be a solid brand storyteller, able to engage people’s hearts and minds through copy.
- Translate our vision and voice into compelling online marketing content that adheres to best practices and aligns with our brand’s strategy and goals.
- Write with a very human voice, always adhere to our style guide, and ensure you uphold a consistent tone of voice across all platforms.
- Write accurate, helpful, and engaging content about WooCommerce for our marketing channels - website, blog, social media, digital ads, emails etc.
- Must be able to respond to notes and edits within a reasonable time frame.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to identify topics to write about based on the keyword research.
- Write SEO-optimised blog articles.
- Write long-form copy like guides or e-books.
- Collaborate and brainstorm content campaigns and brand messaging strategies with the Marketing Manager.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- You are a native American English Speaker.
- You have the ability to write high-quality content that feels fresh and valuable. This comes above all else.
- You love to capture the unique personality of a brand in words, helping it distinguish itself from its competitors.
- You have examples of your work available for review — please include links or pdfs.
- You are available to create content for us for at least 15 hours a week and ~4500 words per week.
- You know how to optimize your articles for SEO.
- You are familiar with WordPress and WooCommerce.
- You have some experience in writing about eCommerce platforms, web development or other related topics.
- 100% remote.
- Our usual office hours are flexible around 9am to 5pm EST/EDT. You are expected to keep at least 2h for collaboration within that time frame.
What we offer
- We offer a competitive salary based on your experience.
- Paid vacations and 2-week Christmas holidays.
- Parental leave.
- Team retreats.
- Saucal uses a time tracking software called Hubstaff.
- A computer with a webcam, a microphone, and a reliable internet connection are required. All applicants must bring their own device.
- Selected applicants will be asked to do a test task.
- Based on the test task evaluation, the successful applicant will be hired on a 3 month trial basis.
- After the 3 month trial period, the successful applicant will have a performance review to determine their final role and salary.
- You can learn more about us at saucal.com, or meet the team here.