Remote Product Manager
DevelopmentFull TimeCalgary, AB
Are you a great Product Manager with proficiency in English?
Do you know your way around eCommerce and love solving actual problems for real people? Do you care about building the right thing and also the thing right? Does working with a fun globalized team sound awesome to you?
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our fully remote, international team at Saucal. Apply now if you aspire to help thriving eCommerce businesses solve some of their biggest problems.
Who we are
Saucal is a web development partner for eCommerce businesses. We build, enhance, and maintain online stores and extensions powered by the most popular eCommerce platform: WooCommerce for WordPress. We are certified WooCommerce experts and WordPress VIP Partners. Our team is made up of some of the best online store builders in the world, all of them process-driven, creative problem solvers. How good are we? WooCommerce uses us to help them with their products.
Our clients are digitally savvy brands that either don’t have the necessary inhouse talent they need or whose awesome team is already stretched to its capacity (sometimes beyond). We integrate seamlessly with any team to give our customers the best experience and help them thrive. We bring process to random, order to chaos, and calm to overwhelm.
What You'll Do
- Be our resident expert on our customers' business models and identify, validate, and help them achieve their business goals.
- Review a range of briefs and assets submitted by clients and potential customers (some technical, some not), in order to deeply understand their requests, determine their expectations, distill for the rest of the team how those are aligned with the actual needs of our customer’s business
- Perform different forms of discovery to identify users, their needs, their flows, and the value they expect. Then, in partnership with Saucal’s Business Developer (who will focus on the deal), you’ll create a functional scope of work that will capture their expectations, our deliverables, and evolve seamlessly when necessary.
- Collaborate with designers and developers during discovery and guide them during delivery in order to ensure that the features we’ve agreed to build will provide actual value to the business.
- Get everyone from all participating organizations on the same page.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager (who'll focus on schedule and on time delivery) to ensure we meet the customer's expectations.
- Help improve processes related to your work and assist on the building of tools to optimize and automate them.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- An understanding of software development from end to end (at least at a high level) with a strong focus on business analysis.
- The ability to readlong (and sometimes messy) text-based documents and parse out key ideas along with implicit requests and expectations.
- Comfort with uncertainty and able to receive a mess from a client and translate it into a structured, precise approach and plan that will guide the team.
- Comfort working in the abstract. Able to discuss features or procedures without necessarily a design or prototype to refer to.
- Comfort working in and switching between multiple domains and business models.
- Experience in eCommerce.
- An understanding of WordPress and WooCommerce is a plus.
- The right mindset. Must be proactive, action-oriented, data-driven, solutions-first, and a team player who thrives on having a direct impact on our customer experience.
- Must give and take feedback well, always with an eye to helping our clients and bettering yourself and our team.
- Ability to work autonomously and to lead by influence.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 100% remote.
- Our usual office hours are flexible around 9am to 5pm EST/EDT. You are expected to work about 5-7 net hours which you can accommodate according to your timezone, keeping at least 2-3h for collaboration within that time frame.
What we offer
- We offer a competitive salary based on your experience.
- Paid vacations and 2-week Christmas holidays.
- Parental leave.
- Team retreats.
- Saucal uses a time tracking software called Hubstaff.
- A computer with a webcam, a microphone, and a reliable internet connection are required. All applicants must bring their own device.
- Selected applicants will be asked to do a test task.
- Based on the test task evaluation, the successful applicant will be hired on a 3 month trial basis.
- After the 3 month trial period, the successful applicant will have a performance review to determine their final role and salary.
- You can learn more about us at saucal.com, or meet the team here.